Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any good news about fishing in the Irish Hills area?
We have plans of possibly going to Wamplers to get some more perch, but also thought of trying out LSC. Need some reports to try to swing our decision. Anybody been fishing Sand Lake, Clark Lake, Wamplers, Vineyard, Devils? Any help greatly appreciated...Our thoughts are to head out somewhere on Sunday...

Corey

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fished Clarke sat. one small perch and one small bluegill, 2 rockbass that were 10 inches each. Fished Devils on sun. and got blanked. Had tipups out on both days while we jigged in the shanty. Don't fish this aera too often though. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Draggin the Line

We are looking to hit up Wamplers on Sunday for some perchin...We were also thinkin about hittin up LSC....stuck between the two as of right now...any advice from anyone in that area would help us out...thanks in advance!

Corey

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey there JimHX...Only bummer is that there is FIVE or SIX of us going...wouldn't wanna impede on your spot like that...would feel really bad doing something like that to you...if it was only myself, I would prolly go with ya.....Very thankful for the invite:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
fished Devils Sat. Feb 28- East shoreline just north of the yacht club in the A.M. picked up eight gills( around 7 inchers) moved to the South west corner around noon and plopped right on top of a mess of fish !
The vex was lite like never before, the entire column( 10 fow)
from about three foot under the ice to the bottom.
Had to really work to trigger um, but managed to fool 19 in about an hour. ( the biggest went 9, but the rest around 7- why do they always look bigger untill you get ready to clean them ? )
It was a great day , beautiful weather , good company, and we even managed to catch a few fish for a change.
Cant beat that ! By the way 12-14 inches of good ice, but with rain and temps in the 50's, we better get out there soon.

GOOD FISHING GUYS

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fished Wamplers Sat 2-28. Fished left of Jerrys pub in 18 FOW. We started out catching some perch until dusk. Pike moved in. We got two really nice pike and lost one. Had about 5 flags tips, but they were just bump and run. After dark the crappies moved in. Ended up with 12-15 perch and crappie, nothing of any great size. Ice was 12-14, 10-12 of clear ice. quads and sleds running around on the lake still...

Corey

·
Registered
833 Posts
Corey, how was the ice around the edges? Thinking about trying to fish this weekend and it's looking like the ice around me is not too good. Thinking about driving out by Irish Hills this weekend.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim, The ice around the edge of the lake on the south shore was fine. Just some water sittin on top of the ice, but that was appraent everywhere. The ice was in better shape than the previous weekend in my own opinion...the slush kinda froze up a little bit and leveled itself out. There was a stress crack about 3-4 inches wide on the south shore that led from jerrys pub West to the western shoreline. nothing major...and it was trying to heal up when we were going in..little crust layer of ice forming over crack...Other than that, the ice SHOULD be safe. Be Safe!!! Let me know if you get out and how ya do....We are still IFFY on what we are gong to do this weekend...Would luv to go to Presque Isle in PA for some panfish....They are absolutely KILLIN em there!

Corey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts