Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
264 Posts
Maybe we should volunteer thousandcasts to Obama to craft a letter of response. :lol:
Even better!!!

We should recognize that the person still occupying the office should do something, and maybe, just maybe show a tad of leadership before he ends a disastrous presidency

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
How about we just not worry about it, and leave the Middle East alone. Why are we afraid of Iran? They have no nuclear program, and if they did they do not have the technology capable of reaching us. They do not have a nuclear program, which they would like, not for bombs, but for nuclear energy, which the Western nations will not let them have. The fact is Western Nations are prejudice against Iran as well as other Middle Eastern Countries because they do not agree with Israel, which seems to be the main problem in the Middle East. As far as I'm concerned, leave them alone, and let the Middle East take care of themselves.

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
How about we just not worry about it, and leave the Middle East alone. Why are we afraid of Iran? They have no nuclear program, and if they did they do not have the technology capable of reaching us. They do not have a nuclear program, which they would like, not for bombs, but for nuclear energy, which the Western nations will not let them have. The fact is Western Nations are prejudice against Iran as well as other Middle Eastern Countries because they do not agree with Israel, which seems to be the main problem in the Middle East. As far as I'm concerned, leave them alone, and let the Middle East take care of themselves.

Are you joking or are you being serious in your post ???????

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Fars News Agency

Do you usually post Iranian sponsored propaganda? Just curious. I bet you would sell out to Iranians just to try and make Obama look bad. You do know that the owners of the site you linked to can track where the links are hyperlinking from, correct? I would find a different link or quote the text only and delete that link if I were you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fars_News_Agency

U.S. Sends 'X-Band' Missile-Detecting Radar to Israel to Confront Iranian Threat

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,449704,00.html

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
Are you joking or are you being serious in your post ???????
It was half joke, half serious. I'm just sick of people feeling Iran is such a threat to the United States. They are not, plain and simple. For some reason the government feeds us this stuff, and tells us we should be scared, people need to study up on the issues as a whole in this region of the world, and not jump on the bandwagon that Iran is going to nuke us. It will never happen. They are aware that would be the end of days. They don't have a nuclear program, and could not reach the U.S. with their current technology if they obtained one as of right now. Iran's real issue with us is actually stemming from Israel, which we helped create this problem (the main problem in the Middle East).
After taking many hours of Middle Eastern Studies courses and studying the issue by myself, it is clear that we should not have nightmares about Iran, but maybe quit taking sides between nations in the Middle East and try to help with working on some peace agreements. If there is always side taking and no attempt to just get peace the arguing will never end, and eventually lead to a war, not anytime soon but possibly later.

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
I'm ready for the bashing that is coming my way for taking an objective view on the subject. SO LET ME HAVE IT! lol :)

I have been educated somewhat in Middle Eastern Studies though, and that is what I am basing my opinion on, but many facts are thrown in. It is true that Iran does not even having a nuclear program as well as them not being capable of reaching the U.S. if they did.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I am along the lines with Trout King on this. We keep protecting those European countries that pretty much hate the US. Let France, England or Germany set up there own missile defense. Isreal pretty much can take care of them selves.Just my 1 cent. Waiting for my government bailout.:lol:
Matt

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Even better!!!

We should recognize that the person still occupying the office should do something, and maybe, just maybe show a tad of leadership before he ends a disastrous presidency
Funny, the first idea to course through your liberal mind is to expect the Republican to fix something. :lol:

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
It was half joke, half serious. I'm just sick of people feeling Iran is such a threat to the United States. They are not, plain and simple. For some reason the government feeds us this stuff, and tells us we should be scared, people need to study up on the issues as a whole in this region of the world, and not jump on the bandwagon that Iran is going to nuke us. It will never happen. They are aware that would be the end of days. They don't have a nuclear program, and could not reach the U.S. with their current technology if they obtained one as of right now. Iran's real issue with us is actually stemming from Israel, which we helped create this problem (the main problem in the Middle East).
After taking many hours of Middle Eastern Studies courses and studying the issue by myself, it is clear that we should not have nightmares about Iran, but maybe quit taking sides between nations in the Middle East and try to help with working on some peace agreements. If there is always side taking and no attempt to just get peace the arguing will never end, and eventually lead to a war, not anytime soon but possibly later.
I don't support attacking Iran just like I didn't think Iraq would be a good idea, but we have to take sides.....our oil addiction depends on it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
not bashing, just asking. how do you know they have no nuclear program? if there is no program, why the concern? as far as them not being able to reach us, ever heard of a boat? i import a container of mini jap truck once a month, and it was "inspected" by port authority. not much security here my friend.

as far as being educated "somewhat" on the middle east. your dad paying a super liberal college "professor" to spew right wing spin in your ear for 4 years does not equal an education.

i don't want to come across as a jerk, but people 3 times older than you could be 10 times smarter than you.

we have all been lied to. some can see it better than others.

sorry if i seem harsh, young people are impressionable. thats why we try and teach them.

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts

·
Mr. Flatfish
7,736 Posts
...Isreal pretty much can take care of them selves.Just my 1 cent. Waiting for my government bailout.:lol:
Matt

Isreal has been getting a US Goverment bail out for many years... You should get yours....

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMarine1171
Do you usually post Iranian sponsored propaganda? Just curious.
The link to "Fars" was the secondary link initially found on Fox News.
...What I stated earlier about understanding the radical Islamic ideology is best represented by reading and absorbing the content in the article provided by the link below.

In all fairness to Brian he does not....this was an interesting perspective that he linked to the other day.

http://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis.asp

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
your dad paying a super liberal college "professor" to spew right wing spin in your ear for 4 years does not equal an education.
My dad paying for my college isn't likely since he's been dead for 10 years...I am actually paying my own way.

Second my professors are very good at keeping an even mind on the subject, and allow us to make up our own minds. I never said I was smarter than anyon, but I do believe I probably am better educated on the subject than some here, that have no clue what the Middle East is all about. It is a different way of life there, but the West wants to push their ways on a region that just doesn't function the same way.

It is a fact that Iran has no nuclear program. Plain and simple they cannot develop one at this point in time, and are disallowed a nuclear program by western nations. If you believe Iran does have nuclear weapons I would like to see the evidence of your argument. They have lobbied to the council of Western nations which overseas nuclear programs to try to gain permission for a nuclear energy program, but are denied because the western nations disagree with them. Israel on the other hand does have a nuclear program, and one that is not legal under international law, but you see no complaints there.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts