Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I finally convinced the guy to upgrade his flip phone to an iPhone4S (I might regret this once I have to explain it to him how it works...) For sure his first question was "can I use it to mark fishing spots?" Good question - is there an App for that?

·
Registered
539 Posts
You can use the GPS on the iPhone and "drop a pin" at a good fishing spot. Cabelas also has a free fishing App and you can mark spots.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The "drop a pin" doesn't really work since you can only drop one pin :( I downloaded the Cabelas app yesterday and will play with it this weekend when we go out on the lake.

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Look at the Navionics app!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Hands down best app for fishing!!!!

And btw....I'd recommend going without Siri. She's a sassy lil B$%#& that doesn't know what she's talking about! Waste of $100!

·
Registered
317 Posts
You can also use the " SurfingLakes" app. Gives you buoy Data, wave & wind forcast, water temps & more! The only reason I did an upgrade. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I use Marine US. It is just a chart, but I use it along with my GPS to keep a look out for drastic depth changes. It works pretty good for scouting as well. I have navionics inland on my hbird, which doesn't show depth contours on the great lakes.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
There's a free app called Waypoint that you can use anywhere. Save fishing and hunting spots as well as where you parked your car at the mall or sporting event. I have it on my iphone and I believe it's available for droid as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There's a free app called Waypoint that you can use anywhere. Save fishing and hunting spots as well as where you parked your car at the mall or sporting event. I have it on my iphone and I believe it's available for droid as well.
Thanks. I downloaded it yesterday and played with it for a bit.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Navioincs Marine & Lakes USA app works on Droid and Apple. Coverage includes coastal data as well as inland lakes in full detail. Sells for $9.99. You can mark waypoints and create routes, then share them. Also includes almost 20,000 free marine magazine articles and cruising guides.

·
Registered
317 Posts
No idea on the waypoints. A great app is SurfingLakes. I think it is only available for the Iphone. You can get lake temps, waves forcast, wind, and Buoy data. GREAT APP! I also have MyRadar. Good thing to have with weather changes!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts