Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, I can't believe I've got permission to hunt this fall on two ajoining farms in southeast Iowa that has'nt been hunted in 5 years! A new friend from work we hired was born on the farm and said if I helped put roofs on both farm houses I could hunt for the rest of my life! !80 acres of woodlands and 480 acres of crops. It's a cattle operation so the crops are corn, silage, clover, and alfalfa. I'm looking for web sights to help me on my way to get started. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and good huntin!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
search aerial photos and get a start by gathering as many online as possible. Terra server is a good site and theres another good site w/ color photos. Can't think of the name though.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
First of all, I would like to volunteer with the roofing:D , and hunting:D :D . You should check out MapCard.com It does cost about $10 per year, but it is well worth it. You can plot GPS points on the map, or simply click on a location and it will give you the GPS coords so you can walk right to it. It also allows you to save your maps and provides Topo maps and Arial photos, along with Road Maps. I have found this to be a great tool. I like to take my GPS and go scout in the spring, I then mark all of the deer sign I find in the gps, rubs, scrapes, bedding areas, etc. It is amazing when you put all the points in on the map, you can see rub lines that you never realized were there, etc. and it really helps figure the area out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts