Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI- the baiting ban was lifted last week for hunters in Oscoda, Wilbur, Plainfield, Baldwin Twps. After Oct 1, it will be legal to use 2 gallons of bait.

The idea is that more hunters will return to hunt the area. So, c'mon back, guys and girls. Please buy locally while hunting here. Good luck and save some for the rest of us!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
That is pretty interesting considering how close it really is to the core zone. I hunt in Alcona Co but might drive a little south to toss some corn. J/K. There is so much baiting going on up there it isn't even funny.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
That is pretty interesting considering how close it really is to the core zone. I hunt in Alcona Co but might drive a little south to toss some corn. J/K. There is so much baiting going on up there it isn't even funny.
I agree on the baiting thing, seems most do as they choose and care nothing about the rules.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
I agree on the baiting thing, seems most do as they choose and care nothing about the rules.
I have been hunting the NELP public land since the baiting ban went into effect and I can tell you with absolute certainty that the baiting is still going on in that area regardless of the law. I have reported at least 5 violators so far. Whether it has done any good is another question. I did have a CO call me and ask where the illegal activity was taking place but that was 3 years ago and I have not heard anything about it since. But the illegal bait piles still show up in my scouting endeavors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts