Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All -

I wanted to introduce myself. I've posted a few reply's and realized that might be a little rude without some background on myself.

My main passion is bird hunting. Specifically grouse and woodcock. I also try to get out and hunt some wild pheasant here in MI and although I haven't been in a couple years (family obligations) I've been to Iowa chasing roosters few times too.

Mainly hunt grouse and woodcock in the northern lower.

I just got a gsp last year, goes by the name Harley, as in Harley Davidson.

Although this is MY first bird dog, I've had the pleasure to hunt behind my Dad's dog for the last 10 years.

We have a good time hunting and try not to get caught up in to much of the "technical" stuff or kennel blindness crap. I love bird dogs, no matter size shape or color.

What else? I've also recently fell in love with SxS shotguns. Although I enjoy looking at the high dollar guns, my pocket book says "no no". I shot a Browning BSS Sporter last year and did pretty well, surprisingly.

Well I guess that's all for now.

Here's a couple pics of my pooch...

·
Super Moderator
11,767 Posts
Howdy, HarleyP-

Good to have you here.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Hiya HarleyP.

We have a bird named Harley. African Gray. Talks like crazy. Knows at least several hundred different words.

Where ya from ??? Nice looking dog ya got.

Got me 6 of that same breed. Also got me a Setter pup and a Wirehaired Dauchshaund. Cool lil fella. He goes on runs with us. Lil bugger is always tunneling after mice and other vermin. Need to start carrying a shovel with us, he gets down them holes and is tough to get'um out. Need to get him in some Tunneling compatition events.

Anyways, welcome aboard.

Got a few pics on the lil web site I built of the hounds...
http://www.wolfescreekshorthairs.homestead.com/
Haveta get out for a run one of these days,

Tom

·
Registered
724 Posts
Dave,

Welcome to the site. You'll find a lot of kindred spirits here.

Your pup looks a lot like one I picked up last year. Where did you get him?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys - Thanks for the warm welcome!

Feildwalker - I love the Viz's too. Beautiful dogs.

Rooster Smasher - Great looking website, nice pics!

Looking forward to shootin' the breeze with ya'll bout dogs, guns, and birds....and what ever else suits our fancy at the time...

Oh yeah, I'm from the Kalamazoo area.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Part Timer - He's from Abbe Lane Kennels.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Dave,

I'm from Portage - right next door.

My pup is just a couple of weeks away from her 1st birthday. She is out of Pine Hill kennels in Rockford. Her grandsire on the dam's side was out of Abbe Lane.

Abbe Lane is going to be hosting NAVDHA training beginning in April. Should be a good time to pick up some tips and techniques and meet some other folks interested in bird dogs.

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Welcome to Michigan-Sportsman HarleyP! It's always great to see our membership grow. Have you seen that two of your photos did not show in your first post?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again everyone for the welcome.

Whit1 - Yeah, that's weird, I did a "preview reply" before hitting the "submit reply" button and all the pics were there. Then when I hit the submit button they were gone. Also when I logged on tonight one time they were there and the next time they weren't. I wanted to try and edit but it wouldn't let me, said to much time had passed since originally posting.

What i do when I get the "red x" (no picture) is to right click the red x and select properties. Then right click on the URL address and select "select all". Right click again and select copy. Then paste in address box at the top (where you see the michigan-sportsman.com address). Then hit enter. It should show the pic (s) then. Sounds like a pain but once you do it a couple times it's a breeze.

Part Timer - We'll have to try to get together some time. I went to Abbe Lane a few time last year for the NAVHDA training nights. Good stuff. My pup's gonna turn one next week.

Take care.

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Harley,
Your method isa bit cumbersome and this ol' brain won't remember to do that. Apparently you haven't posted the photos in your gallery. Here are the directions that a member emailed to me about how to post photos in a forum thread. I put the email in my Drafts box in Outlook Express for safe keeping.

You must first upload the photo in your gallery, called, My Gallery by opening the My Pictures link.

Open the My Pictures page where you saved the photos on the site.

Go down to the name of the photo you wish to put on the site and click on it. It will take you to a page with your photo on it.

Right click on the photo and go down to properties. A window will open with the URL for the photo. Highlight the URL and then do a Ctrl C. This will copy the photo onto the clipboard.

Go to the page where you are making the post or reply and look for the box called "IMG". Click on it and open it up.

Put the mouse cursor in the box that pops up and press the ctrl and V keys at the same time. This will paste the address from the address bar into the box.

Click OK and it will put it in your post.

Obviously if you have more than a couple of images it will be helpful to open two separate occurrences of your internet browser to eliminate the back & forward thing. If you still get hung up, drop me your phone number and a time you will be home and I'll try to explain it better.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys - Thanks. I uploaded a couple pics to my gallery. They are pretty "grainy" after I reduced them to the under 256k limit on pics. I don't know exactly how to fix that. Any words of wisdom to help with that? They are scanned photo, not digital pics, if that makes a difference. If not, no biggy, they're there for ya'll to take a look at.

Wanna know what really drives me nuts?:) Is that I can see the pics (today at least) in the thread.

Thanks again for your help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts