Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up Michigan Sportsmen? My name is Red Hobbs and I initially signed up for this to get ice conditions around me. I was growing impatient waiting for the ice so I think I googled the conditions of the lakes near me. Wouldn’t ya know, I actually got ice conditions from this site and was fishing that day! All those fishing pages on Facebook and you can’t get reliable info like that so cheers to this site!
I’m a Michigan sportsman through and through, but mainly I’m angler at heart. My favorite fishing is on the river chasing chrome and I have a ton of knowledge of the Pere Marquette River. I fish the White and Muskegon River quite a bit too. As well as Crockery Creek, which runs by my house within walking distance. I also do a lot of Ice fishing on Muskegon Lake. My go to spot is Heritage Landing. The pike in my profile pic is a 37” from there from Jan 2018. I drive a black 09 Malibu so say hi if you see me there.

I like to join tournaments and I was recently in a bunny hunting tournament through Ravenna Conservation Club. My team placed 6th out 42 teams this year, last year we ended up in 4th and the year before we won it! All without dogs. This weekend I hope to win the m-46 fishing tournament on wolf lake in Muskegon through 46 bar on Apple Avenue.

I’m an open book when it comes to giving info on my spots. As my signature says and one of my favorite sayings go, “there may be a lot of people fishing the river, but it doesn’t mean there’s a lot of fishermen on the river” I give tips because you still have to put in the work and go out there and get them. Feel free to ask questions.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
What’s up Michigan Sportsmen? My name is Red Hobbs and I initially signed up for this to get ice conditions around me. I was growing impatient waiting for the ice so I think I googled the conditions of the lakes near me. Wouldn’t ya know, I actually got ice conditions from this site and was fishing that day! All those fishing pages on Facebook and you can’t get reliable info like that so cheers to this site!
I’m a Michigan sportsman through and through, but mainly I’m angler at heart. My favorite fishing is on the river chasing chrome and I have a ton of knowledge of the Pere Marquette River. I fish the White and Muskegon River quite a bit too. As well as Crockery Creek, which runs by my house within walking distance. I also do a lot of Ice fishing on Muskegon Lake. My go to spot is Heritage Landing. The pike in my profile pic is a 37” from there from Jan 2018. I drive a black 09 Malibu so say hi if you see me there.

I like to join tournaments and I was recently in a bunny hunting tournament through Ravenna Conservation Club. My team placed 6th out 42 teams this year, last year we ended up in 4th and the year before we won it! All without dogs. This weekend I hope to win the m-46 fishing tournament on wolf lake in Muskegon through 46 bar on Apple Avenue.

I’m an open book when it comes to giving info on my spots. As my signature says and one of my favorite sayings go, “there may be a lot of people fishing the river, but it doesn’t mean there’s a lot of fishermen on the river” I give tips because you still have to put in the work and go out there and get them. Feel free to ask questions.
Welcome & congratulations on the longest introduction post that I've seen so far. Good on you for being willing to share & help others. That's refreshing!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome & congratulations on the longest introduction post that I've seen so far. Good on you for being willing to share & help others. That's refreshing!
Haha thanks! I didn’t really know what a normal introduction looked like. So I figured like everything else...send it!

·
Super Moderator
11,795 Posts
Howdy, R H-
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jimmie, I didn’t catch a thing!

·
Registered