Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bite is okay. Rain dropped water temp a good deal. Fish are 15-30 feet off points and weedlines, some fish in the weeds. Crankbaits and dropshot work best for me

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just got back yesterday and was up there for a week. Water Temp around 75 and like JELM said fish the drops with Drop shots. I did not tear them up but caught fish throughout the days

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got back yesterday also. Fished all day and into the night on Saturday on the far south end near the river mouth and out firmer into the lake around some submerged islands with pretty steep drop offs to about 17 feet. Had absolutely no luck with drop shot... What kinda plastics were u working on those? Caught four bass throughout the day in the main lake on cranks and was bit off by a large pike or muskie. After dark had another two bass on the main lake far south end and a small walleye all on a crank. After 10 p we fished the first quarter mile of the river mouth with top water frogs and slammed some huge smallmouth.. Violent strikes... Absolute blast.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just got back yesterday also. Fished all day and into the night on Saturday on the far south end near the river mouth and out firmer into the lake around some submerged islands with pretty steep drop offs to about 17 feet. Had absolutely no luck with drop shot... What kinda plastics were u working on those? Caught four bass throughout the day in the main lake on cranks and was bit off by a large pike or muskie. After dark had another two bass on the main lake far south end and a small walleye all on a crank. After 10 p we fished the first quarter mile of the river mouth with top water frogs and slammed some huge smallmouth.. Violent strikes... Absolute blast.
Strike King Dream shots and Case Jack Worms is what I was drop-shotting. I probably seen you at some point out there Saturday, I fished Hanely Saturday morning and then back to Intermediate around 7pm, I was in a 15' gray bass boat.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What part of the lake were you fishin? I've mostly stuck with the far south end. I've been curious what the deeper part of the lake on the north side is like.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Saturday I did not make the run to the south. I stayed within the first few miles of the northern end that evening. I found a nice point with some weeds up there that was decent. There is also a nice stretch of Lilies up there and some nice weed lines

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Did you get to enjoy the lady yelling at you for fishing near the shore line because her kids were playing in the yard? They are on the north shore directly across from the point, across from the openo road launch. Every year we hold one of our club events there she comes out screaming at us. It's quite comical .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts