Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a couple times this weekend, and hit a few fish. The first day started at noon. I dropped a pink bag in, and hooked up immediately, right as I was talking to our creel chick. After a nice battle and one good cartwheel, I landed my second tight hen this month. As I was getting her out of the net, a tourist told me he had stood in the same spot for 20 minutes without a bite; I just kinda shrugged.

The second day started later still, after 2pm. I fished one spot for a bit, then ran a white bag in a long run and hit a beautiful skam buck. After landing him, I fished through the rest of the water, and returned back to my starter hole. I ran a white bag here, and got the same result; mint chrome summer steelhead. After that, I had one other good bite on cutbait, and that was it.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
With the rains your getting you aughta be sick of catchin em soon!.....

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Pretty comfortable being able to wet wade. Makes going down to the river a pleasure. Good to see you're still hittin' them.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty comfortable being able to wet wade. Makes going down to the river a pleasure. Good to see you're still hittin' them.
Yeah, it can be helpful. I hate heat of any kind, which is why summer is my least favorite time of year. Both skams were LOADED with a certain food item;)...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts