Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Information

495 8
I curious if anyone has any information on the maker of this spear? I know it’s at least 50 years old. Looks to be a brazed weighted head. Center pull rope attach at the head also.
Thanks
Street light Water Road surface Wood Garden tool
Chair Wood Garden tool Gas Office supplies
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Sure is a beauty
I curious if anyone has any information on the maker of this spear? I know it’s at least 50 years old. Looks to be a brazed weighted head. Center pull rope attach at the head also.
Thanks View attachment 289023 View attachment 289024
Reactions: Bucman
There is a gentleman that frequents Minnesota Darkhouse Angling Association Facebook page that has an incredible amount of knowledge regarding spears, decoys and who made them. Post there if you can.
Reactions: Bucman and RLWagner
check out (https://www.facebook.com/groups/370930763048593/) and there are several on there that know a lot about the old spears.. hein clark seems to be on of the main people with info on there.
Reactions: Bucman and RLWagner
It’s a custom weighted Randall
The handle isn’t original
Neat spear!

Only guessing....
Cotter pin through handle into tang/ shaft of head might only be how the handle was secured.
Small diameter eye and mallable material....might not be too secure for a tie point.
Could it have a hole in heads tang the cord ties ,or is passed through and knotted ,then run through handle?
Except on Michigan spears he doesn’t know a thing, but old MN spears yes
check out (https://www.facebook.com/groups/370930763048593/) and there are several on there that know a lot about the old spears.. hein clark seems to be on of the main people with info on there.
Reactions: BassKicker86
i was just trying to help out jason, wasnt trying to step on anyones toes
I’m not saying you were, I’m just letting guys know I’ve seen him misidentifying some pretty common local spears. I do believe the above spear is a Mn spear
Also as a warning he’s course at times a lot of guys from that group blocked him already.
i was just trying to help out jason, wasnt trying to step on anyones toes
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.