Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and gals,

I have always wanted to look into starting a small (to start out with) deer farm. I know it is not as easy as buying a doe and some semen and selling a trophy in a couple years for $20,000 but i guess i am just looking for some more info. In 2010 i was medically retired from the Marine Corps due to some combat related injuries and it seems like doing this would help me get my mind off of things. It seems like hunting/scouting/fishing is the only thing that does.

Does anyone here either farm deer, or knows someone who farms deer? Im just wondering if all the paperwork, licenses, fees, inspections would be worth it, for just a few deer, that I would hopefully be able to sell in a few years for profit. Thanks everyone, i am looking forward to hearing your input.

Also, I know there are already some well established farms in Michigan and if I decide it would be worth it, I plan to call a few up to take a tour and talk with them,

Thanks

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Not a clue on deer farms but i just want to say thanks you for the service to this country. I hope you fine some peace with the issues you are dealing with

1 - 4 of 4 Posts