Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am from mid-Mich, but transitioning to the Traverse City area. I have certainly fished most if not all the streams in that area at one time or another but it has been awhile and I am always on the lookout for places I might fish, generally, and especially in the extended season. I don't want or expect anyone's best places--just some ideas so that I can explore myself profitably and have some fun. As I approach 60 I am not as hard core as I used ot be.

In return, I am always willing to help with parts of the UP where I have done most of my fishing over the past 15 years. Again, I am not going to reveal the best of the best but I might be able to keep you from getting lost and make some helpful suggestions.

Given the ground rules here (and common sense) it is probably best to xchange info via PM.

Parker

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Parker, if you are moving to TC and are approaching 60 you might want to visit these forums often and get to know some us other more chronologically gifted anglers in NW MI. There are some dandies out there and I do mean DANDIES!!!!..........:lol:

·
Registered
7,996 Posts
Parker, if you are moving to TC and are approaching 60 you might want to visit these forums often and get to know some us other more chronologically gifted anglers in NW MI. There are some dandies out there and I do mean DANDIES!!!!..........:lol:
Normally, this is the part where I jump in with one of my typical, smart a** responses, but damn...this is getting to be too easy. ;)

·
Registered
9,342 Posts
Here 1000 I'll gladly help you out, chronologically gifted? you mean old don't you?

Parker, as a word to the wise, don't do it, don't hang with these guys, they'll drive you crazy, after all, look at me.:chillin::dizzy::lol:

·
Premium Member
21,607 Posts
Here 1000 I'll gladly help you out, chronologically gifted? you mean old don't you?
Hutch don't need none of yur help! :lol:

Parker, as a word to the wise, don't do it, don't hang with these guys, they'll drive you crazy, after all, look at me.:chillin::dizzy::lol:
Bill, Ya already wuz well on your way to "crazy" when I met you or do you need a reminder as to just how "crazy" we had ta be the first time we fished together at Tippy with the temps at -21F? :lol:

If you guys are wondering if you're reading that temperature as 21 degrees below zero your eyes are not deceiving you. Yes, our fingers got frostbite, but we had a ball catching brown trout from 10-14" for about three hours.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I might be out of my league here. But if you are gonna be crazy when you are getting chronologically gifted, fishing is as good a way as any to express it. Anyway, I was out for 3 days this last weekend visiting some NW Mich places I hadn't been to for awhile. There were some absolutely fresh late running kings around. Has anyone seen that this late in the year. P

1 - 7 of 7 Posts