Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to the Indy bridge tonight spudded out to 15 fow. About 4-5 inches of ice. Started spudding my three holes and two groups come and set up RIGHT next to us. Ok I dealt with it until two other guys came out and set up in between me and the other guys 20 ft away.:dizzy: Then another group set up not 10 ft. away...:rant:... Well that was enough for me to say forget it and went to the mouth. I understand the whole safety in numbers thing but at least give me 20-30 ft. Nothing going on at the mouth. A few bites but that was it. Then about 5:30 roles around and some kids come out and start setting up and one comes over and asks to borrow a spud. I let him use it and he losses the damn thing.:rant::rant: Doesn't say sorry or offer me a few bucks just lets me know and then walks away. All in all a horrible day of fishing but still better than being at work....

·
Registered
60 Posts
i fished indy today from about noon till dark between me and another guy we cought between 90 and 100 small walleyes biggest was 13 inches and kept 9 perch all 8 to 11in

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Somedays you're the windshield, some days you're the bug. It can only get better. Good Luck! Capnhook

·
Registered
120 Posts
Greenhead, that's too bad. If you could convert your disaster day of fishing into lyrics, I bet you would have a pretty good country song. I hope your next trip produces a limit of walleyes. ;)

·
Registered
435 Posts
that is the problem i have there, everyone crowds up. that is a real popular spot and gets crowded quick when safe ice is there. but i myself have pulled some big fish there i got a 30+ inch fish down there few years back. sucks those kids lost your spud, what were they doing with no way to make a hole. not everyone is as nice as you were to let them use it, and no sorry no nothing thats just harsh.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I drove by around 2:30 and there was only one shanty set up... didn't really want to try it out since I was by myself so I went were there were more numbers

·
Registered
653 Posts
Went out to the Indy bridge tonight spudded out to 15 fow. About 4-5 inches of ice. Started spudding my three holes and two groups come and set up RIGHT next to us. Ok I dealt with it until two other guys came out and set up in between me and the other guys 20 ft away.:dizzy: Then another group set up not 10 ft. away...:rant:... Well that was enough for me to say forget it and went to the mouth. I understand the whole safety in numbers thing but at least give me 20-30 ft. Nothing going on at the mouth. A few bites but that was it. Then about 5:30 roles around and some kids come out and start setting up and one comes over and asks to borrow a spud. I let him use it and he losses the damn thing.:rant::rant: Doesn't say sorry or offer me a few bucks just lets me know and then walks away. All in all a horrible day of fishing but still better than being at work....
Well greenhead we were the two guys that sat up in the black frabill right before you threw your little fit and stormed off the ice. Its indy and if you didnt notice all the wet spots on the ice all around anywhere but the little 50yrd by 50 yrd patch that EVERYONE was fishing on. 10 ft? wow the height of a basketball hoop well i am sure that everyone gave you the 20 to 30 ft you are asking for and it seems like you are the only one complaining about everyone there being crowded.. we talked to guys up at the ramp and no one seemed to have anything to say about being crowded due to the ice conditions everyone didnt mind..You know last time i checked the river was a public fishing area and thats why theres shanty towns on the river during these type of ice conditions. Do you honestly think that people fishing near you is going to make your chances of catching a fish less? or is there plenty of fish for all the sportsman that ice fish. Its people like you that ruin it for everyone else out there that are trying to go out there and have fun...In the yrs we have been fishing your little tantrum that you threw is about the worse show of sportsmanship that i have seen out there. There is plenty of fish out there for everyone even if it is a little crowded out there. Hope you have a better rest of the season and dont let the small stuff bother you so much

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well greenhead we were the two guys that sat up in the black frabill right before you threw your little fit and stormed off the ice. Its indy and if you didnt notice all the wet spots on the ice all around anywhere but the little 50yrd by 50 yrd patch that EVERYONE was fishing on. 10 ft? wow the height of a basketball hoop well i am sure that everyone gave you the 20 to 30 ft you are asking for and it seems like you are the only one complaining about everyone there being crowded.. we talked to guys up at the ramp and no one seemed to have anything to say about being crowded due to the ice conditions everyone didnt mind..You know last time i checked the river was a public fishing area and thats why theres shanty towns on the river during these type of ice conditions. Do you honestly think that people fishing near you is going to make your chances of catching a fish less? or is there plenty of fish for all the sportsman that ice fish. Its people like you that ruin it for everyone else out there that are trying to go out there and have fun...In the yrs we have been fishing your little tantrum that you threw is about the worse show of sportsmanship that i have seen out there. There is plenty of fish out there for everyone even if it is a little crowded out there. Hope you have a better rest of the season and dont let the small stuff bother you so much
I was the quiet one who just said lets go not the one that was talking but what ever you say. The wet spots were up by the bridge not the huge area we were in. I'm going to be the bigger person and not get into a typing war with you. You were really close and there was a huge area you could have went to.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I was the quiet one who just said lets go not the one that was talking but what ever you say. The wet spots were up by the bridge not the huge area we were in. I'm going to be the bigger person and not get into a typing war with you. You were really close and there was a huge area you could have went to.
were you the one we talked to in the parking lot before we went to check out vets?...as for wet spots there was a spot between us and the guy in blue that we put our spud threw 3 times in a different area each time. If you were the guy we talked to before we went and checked out vets we were coming back to offer to fish with you so you didnt have to go out alone. All i am saying is that if people are fishing close out there its NO big deal. Theres only so much ice that is fishable out there right now. we had people come out after you left and set up in the holes you guys left. We had no problems with it and neither did anyone else. I could understand if persay the channel was safe then yeah but since theres only so much people are going to crowd and really its no big deal if they crowd.there was plenty of room between everyone out there.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yes i was the one you talked to. It's not a big deal just had to vent a little when i got home.
Hey your right its not a big deal. I just dont really care to get home and read stuff like that. Sorry to hear about your spud that does suck. just so you know NO One did anything out there tonight..Small perch and walleye to match the size of the perch. Really hope your season gets better

1 - 15 of 15 Posts