Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with the bad weather coming thru, I decided to head over to Independence Bridge for a short afternoon of fishing. I have only fished the river once before so I was kind of in the dark but I got lucky and there were plenty of people out so I actually knew where I should fish. I sat down, got my gear set up, got 2 jigs in and hooked one. Granted it was 12" (I caught about 15 small ones). I forgot a light so I decided to leave early so I could see and decided to fish until I caught one. The last one I caught was a 26" on a firetiger jighead. So for a spur of the moment fishing trip it went pretty well.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Awesome job sounds like the fish are biting hot how thick was the ice out there

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
292 Posts
Stuck a ruler down at Indy this past night right in the channel and measured 6" of ice, probably 5 3/4" was clear, solid ice! That's obviously not to say that every spot around there was like that. Just what I personally observed.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have never walleye fished after dark. So my question is, will the ellusive (2 me!) Saginaw river walleye bite my hook after dark? Do glow in the dark lures work? Thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have never walleye fished after dark. So my question is, will the ellusive (2 me!) Saginaw river walleye bite my hook after dark? Do glow in the dark lures work? Thanks
I personally haven't even had a bite after dark. They go from hot and heavy to off on the river at dark it seems. Probably where the shallow water spots come in handy..

·
Registered
694 Posts

I have caught the rare fish after dark, but it isnt very common I dont think.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was last one off the ice all of last season. I'd stay an hour after dark, and often later, waiting for them to turn back on--never happened. Unless you plan to fish all night, which would probably be fruitless, leave at dark-thirty.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I fished all night last year once. Didn't get my first fish till 11:30 pm and a bite at 4:30 am. When the sun came up, they were there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts