Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the fancy fishing boat is sounding pretty rough and takes an act of god to get it started. Looking for input on a shop that is good with in line Chevy v4s. The boat is a 1999 four Winns horizon 170 i/o . Shes been great but showing her age.
Bear

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
What do you have to do to finally get it started ? Crank / wait a little / Crank again / wait etc etc Did you check the oil for water ? if it has water in the oil it will look like chocolate milk. If this is the case your exhaust burned a hole through the manifold water jacket. Had it happen to a mercruiser 4 cyl i/o some years ago.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Why would not any good car mechanic not get it running right? It is only a engine that draws water which has nothing to do what it is in.

Reactions: textox and bear5

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do you have to do to finally get it started ? Crank / wait a little / Crank again / wait etc etc Did you check the oil for water ? if it has water in the oil it will look like chocolate milk. If this is the case your exhaust burned a hole through the manifold water jacket. Had it happen to a mercruiser 4 cyl i/o some years ago.
Oil looks good. Major klanking noise when it’s running. Going to a local auto mechanic first to see if they can provide some advice. Used to do a lot of wrenching myself but I’m thinking this one needs a pro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts