Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this friday i will be going to the western UP with a hunting friend and guide in search of the cougar so many believe is there going to search in 3 countys sure hope i can find a few i will report after i return home hope i have a few pics to share we will do most of are looking in the heavy deer areas/yards anyone have any ideas as to where i should spend some time over in the western UP i will check it out

·
Registered
181 Posts
LMAO @ whitedog

good luck buddy LOLOLOLOL

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
long time know see kev when you going to get your but up here and kill a cat after the snow goes to hell? lmao its great up here we been catching every cat we put down on the last 10 days snow is deep and fluffy been letting the females go and harvesting the males its warming up, up here and soon the cats will be walking on top of the snow and the dogs will be going through and getting tore up i see your hunting buddy has a new baby well if yall get a chance give me a holler

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
Well, the case I refered too in that other thread, when I said we were presently working on a case of cougars.......yep, we got him and her, one male and one female cougar, each weighing about 100 pounds in a county along the state line. The investigation, although continuing, so far has show that the individual has had them for about 7 years. So in the last 9 years we have found 4 cougars in SW Michigan. There had been no permits issued for any of them.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Hey whitedog, PM me, i'll hook up with you guys. Bring your snow shoes we got 4 foot on the ground.

·
Premium Member
17,583 Posts
In regards to Boehrs post, I caught the end of a story on the radio that a Couger in Indiana mauled an officer. Not a wild Couger, but somebodies pet. It was a couple of days ago and I can't find anything else about it. I'll keep looking.

I don't understand how these people can keep these critters for so long without getting caught. You would think that word would spread pretty fast. I know if one turned up in my neighbors pen, I'd be on the horn.

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
SM...I often use to think the same thing, how can they do it but I can tell you, people that deal in exotics are very very secretive. Of course a much smaller critter but I'm sure you read about Operation Slither, the numbers of snakes, poisonious, some of those people had in there houses, incredible.

I don't have all the answers, not even close. The DNR doesn't have all the answers either but all the department can do is provide an answer that is supported by facts and not speculation.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i am back from 3.5 days of looking for cats in the western UP and have to say i had fun,i found plenty of cougars over there most all of them where parked outside of the bars in the small towns, all made by artic cat lmao although i didnt get no pics trust me there big and weigh in around 400 to 500 pounds lol mostly black and green in color for for some reason my hounds couldnt get one treed lmao

1 - 8 of 8 Posts