Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a little time to search for some fish this afternoon. Have not been out in about 2 weeks. Want to target perch or walleye. Are there any recent reports? Does not look good for this beautiful day. Will probably start around the light, work my way back towards the GPYC. Will be in blue and white 21 ft Rinker see ya out there

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just to ease your mind if you're not catching anything. The north side (Anchor Bay) of the lake seems to be real slow. I posted that yesterday. Again just trying to save you gas money and have peace of mind. Hope this helps and good luck. If you could please post any findings. Not asking for hot spots I just need to here if there are really any fish in Lake St. Clair. (Sorry I have had my share, but just a little frustrated with catching a few skunks the last couple times out.) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
We've been getting out and covering the shipping channel spots and anchor bay area to 400 club. Averaging about 40 for 2 of us. You have to move around a lot. Would be more specific but I havent received any pms form anyone who is willing to share their info. You have to be careful what u say here because of all the lurkers here waiting for everyone else to spend their gas and time then benefit from their expense. Sorry to have to feel that way about it. Hope this helps you out though.
JohnR

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
:yeahthat::yeahthat: Sad but true!! Some people just can't do the hard work for themselves...:rant:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, not much to report at all. Started out near the light, trolled all the way up to bouy 25. Good spread out of 4 bb's and crawlers and hot'n'tots on the boards. 2 keeper perch,about 10+ dinks. Gave up on Wally and headed towards the GPYC tried three spots for perch with perch rigs+minnows, 1 more keeper, a rock bass, and 2 monster sheephead. Wind really kicked up towards dusk. Time to start thinking about getting that doe next week, until the water cools down for the perch.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Was out yesterday and searched for walleye in the river all morning. Finally gave up and went into the lake for perch. Found them, 20 or so in an hour. They were running small, and biting really soft. Try the edge of the dumping grounds near bouy # 10. Watch for the telephone pole in the water, with the traffic cone on it, we were just south of it. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts