Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked for money from the family for Christmas so I could get a new auger and I need some info. I now have a good old mora and am almost sold on a Fin bore III, from what I'm reading they are 60" long and the Mora or Lazer are 57" fully extended. It seems that 60" is a bit long, so I'm asking what do you think on the length. I also read the handle offset is the cats meow. And as far as blades go are the Lazer blades a direct replacement.Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I use an 8" lazer and the blades are replaceable, just like your mora. I drop my lazer to the lowest setting so I get on it when drilling.

Never heard of the auger you are talking about, but I would definitley recommend a lazer over a mora any day if you have the extra cash.

Plus 3" isn't really going to do anything, its all on how you use it not how long it is.)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use an 8" lazer and the blades are replaceable, just like your mora. I drop my lazer to the lowest setting so I get on it when drilling.

Never heard of the auger you are talking about, but I would definitley recommend a lazer over a mora any day if you have the extra cash.

Plus 3" isn't really going to do anything, its all on how you use it not how long it is.)
The extra length I was seeing as maybe a bit long overall, the fin bore is none adjustable unlike the mora and lazer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts