Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
That’s because there’s money flowing into peoples accounts instead of flowing out via higher fuel and other costs and a 4.3 trillion tax increase that is about to be foisted on us.

Enjoy....
Where do you think they found that pile of excess dollars to flow into those accounts?

The people that made fun of the clowns in their colonial costumes are proud of you.

·
Registered
10,798 Posts
Where do you think they found that pile of excess dollars to flow into those accounts?

The people that made fun of the clowns in their colonial costumes are proud of you.
Why would you ask such a silly question, are you saying you don’t know the answer...wait....of course you don’t know the answer.

·
Registered
26,514 Posts
Is that soon?
The better the market does, the sooner it'll be. Less than two years is a possibility. Five if we have to.
Seriously considering a reduced work schedule at the moment.

Reactions: motdean

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
Why would you ask such a silly question, are you saying you don’t know the answer...wait....of course you don’t know the answer.
If it was such a silly question, I would have thought that you would have known the answer. I guess it was too much to hope for. Not surprising, but sad none the less.

·
Registered
26,514 Posts
Agreed. No recourse, responsibility, you get pardoned ....... an insignificant label.

·
Registered
35,217 Posts
The market really did not respond much to the second impeachment just like the first impeachment didn’t impact the market. I fully expect we will see the market respond well as soon as the next stimulus package is announced. Investors will benefit at the expense of taxpayers just like the last $4.4T package did. It’s a redistribution of wealth of sorts.

·
Registered
11,182 Posts
The market really did not respond much to the second impeachment just like the first impeachment didn’t impact the market. I fully expect we will see the market respond well as soon as the next stimulus package is announced. Investors will benefit at the expense of taxpayers just like the last $4.4T package did. It’s a redistribution of wealth of sorts.
Its an interesting thought about redistribution of wealth. Not sure if I agree or not. The govt doesnt spend money on the market directly its just an added benefit for those that invest in it.

It really boils down to how they tax people going forward to pay for the stimulus. If they tax the wealthy than it is certainly a redistribution of wealth.

·
Registered
10,798 Posts
How can it be a redistribution of wealth when no one is taxed and it’s printed out of thin air. No one is ever going to pay it back either....but there will be a big payback some day.

·
Registered
35,217 Posts
Its an interesting thought about redistribution of wealth. Not sure if I agree or not. The govt doesnt spend money on the market directly its just an added benefit for those that invest in it.

It really boils down to how they tax people going forward to pay for the stimulus. If they tax the wealthy than it is certainly a redistribution of wealth.
Those that invest have seen their net worth return from May lows. Indexes across the board are higher than they were pre pandemic. That doesn’t mean it was across the board due to how each stock is weighted on the exchanges. Tax payers are stuck with the bill whether they invest or not. Those who have higher adjusted gross incomes will pay more as always. The jury is still out if we will see restructuring of tax laws but no matter what middle income earners will pay for a bulk of all this newly incurred US debt.

·
Super Moderator
35,126 Posts

Do you honestly think it would go any other way?

The people that received the least stimulus dollars will pay for the majority of it.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts

It seems that everytime they tax the rich or wealthy businesses that they adjust accordingly.
Example: Tax them an additional 10% and they release 10% of the workforce and the 90% left take on the 10% increase in work load.
From what I've noticed in life is that in a booming economy they have to hire and pay well even with lower productivity or they simply can't do the work.
JMHO.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts