Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lake St. Clair is on fire!

On most lakes spring time is the season to catch large bags of fish. St. Clair is no different in that aspect but if you want the real monsters the time is now! Just when most lakes are tough to fish, Lake St.Clair is producing monster bags of small mouth bass. With 32 boats in a recent NBAA St. Clair Sunday Challenge event it took 22 pounds to cash a check and the winning weight was a tremendous 27.07 lbs.
Just a few short years when 20 pounds meant something on Lake St Clair now it won’t even buy you a pop for the way home. Anglers have figured out the migration patterns and have found the fish move into the channels and river during the hottest parts of the summer and live in deep water. The anglers have worked to find the right stuff and it’s paid off “Literally” and it’s not uncommon to catch 4 or 5 fish over 4 to 5 pound range. Just take a look at the top 5 teams at the recent Sunday St Clair Challenge.
TOP 5 TEAMS
  • 27.07 Brian Ward – Todd Deziel
  • 26.60 Mike Olson – Bryan Olson
  • 24.97 Jeff Throop – Chris Gutuskey
  • 22.11 Scott Emery – Joe Pappas
  • 22.10 Todd Glover – Kurt Glover
Big Bass 6.29 – Bryan Olson
If you’d like to get in on some of this HOT St Clair actions there is still plenty of time. Paul Sacks will be running an event on September 13 launching out of Algonac and Pete Lusis will be following up the next week on September 21st launching out of the same ramp. If you’d like more details on these events please call Paul Sacks at 248-819-3192 and Pete Lusis at 248-672-7603.
more photos for the Sunday St Clair Weekend Division»

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My buddy Dale and his partner Mike weighed in 16.5 pounds at Fremont on Tuesday night in a three hour tournament. Biggest fish was a 4.25 smallmouth.

We've got our divisional classic there on the 28th...heard that lake's on fire, both green and brown fish.

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,449 Posts
We've got our divisional classic there on the 28th...heard that lake's on fire, both green and brown fish.
It can be hot -n- cold Wolveey....
Quality fish in all departments there when you get into 'em though....
Biggest damn sMaLLjaWz I've ever seen swim in it.
:yikes:
If a hack like me can toss some soft plastic drifting down a break line and whack a dozen fish in an hour - I'm sure you'll like it , but she does get pressured and most of the fish have "experience"....
:lol:

G'Luck & post your findings when you do hit it....

Robert

1 - 8 of 8 Posts