Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,789 Posts
I'm not disqualifying anyones advice - their experience is valid.

...but a lot of the advice (both here and everywhere else I've researched) just isn't actionable, or is ludicrously non-specific, or is contradictory.
Yes, because it's hunting/fishing. It if were cut and dry it would take away from the sporting aspect. Way to many variables to take into consideration. Not some algebraic equation with a finite answer

·
Super Moderator
22,789 Posts
So keep doing what I've already been doing for 20+ hours with no success..

Those are nice secondaries, but without the primary costs exceed benefits.

While I enjoy nature - I can do that sitting on my porch relaxing. No need to drive, no need to bug spray up, no need to walk miles in the woods, no. ticks, no poison ivy...

I deer hunt to shoot deer - otherwise I'd just hike.
I fish to catch fish - otherwise I'd leave the poles home and just go for a boat ride.
Your arrogance just bleeds through your veins

Instant gratification or nothing! Why not just sit at your keyboard and hammer away

We already established you can’t hunt, will discount any help..,.wtf

·
Super Moderator
22,789 Posts
I just don't get the "doesn't want to put in effort".

I've spent 20+ hours wandering the woods. I've covered mile upon mile.

I ain't asking for no effort, guaranteed success.

I'm looking for effort that leads to success, and not just randomly wasting time and effort on things that will never lead to success... and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm just randomly wasting time that will never lead to success.

...but hey, enjoy your insults.
You are looking in the wrong spots. I have spent some time with a mushroom hunting fool. He might spend 3 hours crawling under hedges and through the thickest of brush, all in a very small area. Local Park system

For the larger tracts within State Game areas you will see where people park. I know of one where you would see 6-7 trucks. Another good place to start.

Again, like mentioned above this is probably the worst year with colder temps and now a lack of moisture. Maybe this weekends rain will help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts