Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,081 Posts
... and I don't gamble.

If the answer is that it's just a throw of the dice until you find spots, it might not be the game for me. I have a strong preference for things where process and practice lead to improvement.
It's hit and miss right now. I've been out twice and have only found 44. Usually I would have a couple hundred by now in those two spots. If we get that rain that they are giving us a 30% chance of getting tonight, it could be on fire Friday / Saturday. But if it stays dry, this season may be a wash. At least for the blacks that I prefer.

Edit: A couple people have mentioned it, but take your time. Lean up against a tree and scan 20 yards in every direction. Investigate closer any cone shaped object. Walk past where you just were and then look back at the area you just left while again standing absolutely still. Look for something odd sticking up. Sometimes when you are right on top of them, they are almost impossible to see. I like to search in an uphill pattern. It gets your eyeballs on a better level.

·
Premium Member
14,081 Posts
And you know what's funny? You can go back home and find some growing in your lawn, or in the firepit at the cabin, or in the ground that was tore up by a bulldozer that put in a gravel drive.

In the words of Joe Minaldi: "Life is stranger than shiiit, that's all. It's a pisser."
You're a shroomer that is infatuated with Pescy's facts and figures. Throw the man a bone and haul him up to your deer camp. Imagine the stories on the ride north.

·
Premium Member
14,081 Posts
Interesting. There are still "ponds" where there normally aren't near my house.
Rain has been hit and miss. 4 inches and floods in Big Rapids Wednesday. Not one drop 37 miles south where I live.

It had been so dry up there that I could barely tell they got any rain when I was up there tonight. The ground just inhaled it. There were some nice channels cut into the dirt drive hills going in to our shack, but the ground wasn't even damp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts