Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
I started out about 5 years ago I believe. There are well-known areas that produce Morales and the weekends I'd drive them looking for the cars. Imo it's the best way to get started. Sure once in awhile it ends up being a turkey hunter but I've got to where I can usually pick out the shroomers. They can't find them all and they never do. The main thing is you're learning the preferred Woods type.

Me it's all about the blacks, BTA'S bigtooth Aspen Groves. And once I found some blacks in these popular shroom Woods, I would get on onyx and look what those BTA stands look like from the overhead view (foilage). They are easy to pick out from the other various tree types Imo. And sure it takes a lot of scouting 2 find a good Woods that produces blacks but with this procedure I can find the farther back off the road bta's where a lot of people don't like to go for some reason. And for me my most successful scouting has came towards the end of season where they're Standing Tall and some even falling over (morels)but I can walk fast and cover a lot of bta's Woods compared to early-season when they're small in hiding. Good luck
Slope Terrestrial plant Plant Asphalt Grass

1 - 1 of 1 Posts