Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Any mycology clubs around your area? Thats my plan when I get more time is meet up with someone thats gracious enough to either take me somewhere they can be found locally or at least come to my prospective spots to help me locate them if they are even there. There are clubs around me that will for a small fee bring you along to local spots and look for whatever species is in season. Alot of guys are not going to show their spots obviously but they would likely be willing to help you look in your spots...just an idea. You can research all day long but to have an actual SME show you the ropes can be a big eye opener. I can research the shyte out of something for fishing and think I understand it but then Ill go out with guys from here that have a whole lifetime of experience on the water and there's just things you wont pick up on without direct hands on knowledge and guidance. Sometimes its just a small course correction that's needed to put you into the path of success.

Id suggest looking for someone to come to your spots and either eliminate them as a possibility, or maybe they can point you in the right direction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts