Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the Turkey Slayers that frequents this board booked a hunt for today.
All started out well until he broke my Escabana in Da Moonlight tape whille kicking back in Thunderdome last night. Ok, cool. It happens.....

I should have known........

3:50am.
We woke up to thunder, lightning, rain and wind and headed to the woods.
Chased 3 Toms around all morning in a blanket of 100 gazzilion skeeters but just couldn't close the deal.

Grabbed a bite to eat and back out. He ate the buffet and had an extra dish of Swedish Meatballs. Always wants to get his moneys worth he says...........Bad idea.

We have been up since 4. Battled thunderstorms, skeeters from hell, henned up toms and I was still pissed about my tape...........

Another spot and back in the tent.

I'm calling away and scanning for a red head when I glance to my right and see a Gobbler not 15 feet away from our tent.

I hissed " Bird !! " "Hey ! Bird !!!!!!!" Nothing.

I look over and see this guy is sound asleep. This ain't no cat nap.
This dude is in rem with his eyeballs moving under his eyelids. I tap his leg. Tap him again more urgently. Finally I smack him awake. His eyes fly open, glazed and unfocused, meanwhile I have a Gobbler, that after 11 hours of hunting, is finally in our grasp and looking suspiciously at my deke and this guy ain't registering what's happening. Now I'm freak'in out telling him to shoot !

He grabs his gun, fires twice and the bird walks off into the sunset.

His eyes are still crossed and I can only stare at the empty space where a bird should be flopp'in.

He started in about too much buffet and swedish meatballs and.........
Well, I won't go into what was said in the following minutes. ;)

We finish out the afternoon without another bird and head to the truck laughing about our day.

As I open the door to my truck, the hinge breaks and my door falls off..........

I should have known.

·
Super Moderator
11,793 Posts
Howdy, Tom-

Names! NAMES!!!!

:lol:

·
cold, dead hands ......
6,198 Posts
So ............. my attempt at that gobbler on Monday is out of your memory bank right?

Coooooool, I'm not such a #$%*@ after all!:lol:

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Here i seen this on another site this might make him feel a little better
:lol: Tuesday morning I took my sisters fiance who has never killed a turkey hunting. I am set up about twenty five yards behind him in brush so thick I can't see him at all and bearly see B-mobile. Called in two different birds, the first one is scared of B but the second one decided he was going to woop his butt. To make a long story short no shot and bird eventually spooks. When I ask him why he did not shoot he gave me about three awnsers none of which made any sense. I later found out that he was afraid to tell me the real reason he did not shoot because he knew I would make fun of him. His gun went click when he went to shoot because he forgot to load it!!!!!!!! :lol:

·
cold, dead hands ......
6,198 Posts
Thunderhead said:
As I open the door to my truck, the hinge breaks and my door falls off..........

I should have known.
:lol: :rant: :sad: :D :dizzy: :lol:

Time to think about going fishing.

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the record, Matt didn't actually bust my tape, the player ate it. :)

After that happened tho, I had a feeling it was going to be one of those days......lol

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
Hilarious!!:lol:
Somedays U da windshield....Some days U da bug.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Tape?
Man, get a DVD!!! :D

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Last year on our deer hunting trip to Kansas, my BIL (ckendall) made the mistake of having the lunch buffet at Pizza Hut. He crashed so hard that afternoon that even having rocks (from 15 feet!) thrown at him didn't wake him up for the big buck that strolled by! Post-Food coma!

Chris

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
clattin said:
Last year on our deer hunting trip to Kansas, my BIL (ckendall) made the mistake of having the lunch buffet at Pizza Hut. He crashed so hard that afternoon that even having rocks (from 15 feet!) thrown at him didn't wake him up for the big buck that strolled by! Post-Food coma!

Chris
Reminds me of the deer camp we used to go to. We'd have it during Thanksgiving. We would head up to the Mio Saloon in Mio for the Thanksgiving banquet. We'd get back to the cabin, change into our hunting clothes, and head out to the blinds. Next thing ya now, ya hear snoring. Ya would wake up with it being pitch black outside! :lol:

·
Registered
26,738 Posts
I'm willing to bet that you were trying to get him to sit on your lap and his defense was to pretend he was sleeping :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,354 Posts
FREEPOP said:
I'm willing to bet that you were trying to get him to sit on your lap and his defense was to pretend he was sleeping :lol:
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
For a moment, I thought you were going to say he killed the decoy. :D Thats rough, especially when you worked so hard.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
tom need to work the calls a little louder i know it would wake my buddy up every time he started to fall asleep i would lean over and cluck in his ear and he would be wide eye for a bit

·
cold, dead hands ......
6,198 Posts
FREEPOP said:
Ahhhhh, Brokeback turkey huntin ..... it don't get no better than that does it TH?:lol: :dizzy: :D :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts