Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lord willing, I'm heading out for my first archery hunt of the fall tomorrow, and I've now officially reached the point where I've become almost worthless for anything that doesn't have to do with bow hunting.

I can't concentrate....I can barely sleep at night, waking up at 4am wishing that I had a reason to be up so early...every few hours I'm checking long range weather forecasts and worrying about whether the wind is going to cooperate with my desired stand strategy...I have some new hunting duds that have been washed so many times in scent free soap that the camo's already starting to fade... I'm telling you, I have got the fever...big time.

Thankfully, I saw this coming months in advance, so next week in its entirety has been set aside for hunting. My really, really, really strong need for a treestand fix is about to be satisfied :D.

·
Banned
19,596 Posts
Uh-oh, the button bucks better run for cover! :lol:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Haha, i'm with you. I wake up all throughout the night when i'm hunting the next morning wishing it were time.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
turn your hunting clothes inside out when washing them.

good luck......in all of your haste and hurry, don't forget your safety harness!!!

:fish:

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
I almost got a search party together to come check on you NS. Where the heck ya been?

·
Registered
14,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uh-oh, the button bucks better run for cover! :lol:
LOL - they'll be safe for a little while, because the only thing I'm interested in for the next few weeks are big, thick, gnarly antlers. I have about 20 stands that are all fresh and waiting, but there are four specifically, each on different farms, that were each hung in the sweetest of spots back in March. If a buck that is even half as nice as the giants I've been dreaming of comes by one of those stands I'm going to be happy. If one does come by hopefully I won't follow my normal routine of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
LOL - they'll be safe for a little while, because the only thing I'm interested in for the next few weeks are big, thick, gnarly antlers. I have about 20 stands that are all fresh and waiting, but there are four specifically, each on different farms, that were each hung in the sweetest of spots back in March. If a buck that is even half as nice as the giants I've been dreaming of comes by one of those stands I'm going to be happy. If one does come by hopefully I won't follow my normal routine of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
Did you ever get a camera up in that one area we were discussing?

·
Registered
14,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I almost got a search party together to come check on you NS. Where the heck ya been?
Been laying low. My wife had a surgery in October and she's now doing pretty well. I've taken the kids and a couple of their friends out a few time deer hunting in Ohio, and the boys and I have went duck and goose hunting a couple times also. One morning last week we were set up on a field that geese had been using, but that morning they ended up going to a different parcel about 3/8 of a mile away. I kid you not, by the time all of the flocks had come in, I estimate that the field they were using had 1,000 geese in it. It was incredible.

Heading over tomorrow afternoon to where you saw that giant last year.

·
Registered
14,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you ever get a camera up in that one area we were discussing?
Haven't stepped foot on there. Pretty high winds tomorrow, so I'm looking to sneak through the standing corn tomorrow afternoon in order to get back near that ridge. Planning on being out there for a couple all day hunts next week.

·
Registered
16,457 Posts
At least you've been keeping yourself busy!!:D:D

Good luck tomorrow. Hoping to see some pics of you with that bruiser. It might even wipe some of that BB tarnish off your record.:lol::lol:

BTW- Glad to hear Mrs NS is doing well. She'll be in our thoughts and prayers.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts