Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the water out of north point marina on the Illinois/Wisconsin border Friday morning. We went 17 for 18 with two throwbacks. We kept 3 kings, 7 cohos, 4 steelhead, and 1 brown. Riggers with spoons down 25' to 50' over 120 FOW and half and full cores with spoons.
002.JPG

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Nice job! And great hook-up to landing ratio! I love catching coho this time of year. Looks like you really got into them.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice job! And great hook-up to landing ratio! I love catching coho this time of year. Looks like you really got into them.
Thank guys. Fishing has been spotty all year over here since the spring coho limits. Friday and Saturday were the first limit catches since then. The fish all had adult sized alwifes in their stomachs. We found good temp at 40' down in the water we were fishing. I think its because we finally got some steady days of west winds to help set up the water. We located some good bait balls for the first time all year. We are going to fish the salmon unlimited tourney out of north point on Saturday. Hopefully the fish are still around. Good fishin!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts