Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep small pieces of tender meat for a quick stir fry. My wife is very good at picking out meat that will work for quick hot cooking.
IMG_1244.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Registered
19,020 Posts
Venison stir-fry. I bet we have had that close to 500 times in the past 40+ years.
Easy, quick, tasty and healthy. Not sure why, but usually have cottage cheese and applesauce as sides.

L & O

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
Yep - Those nice leftover end cuts from the loins and steak muscles that are just too nice to be ground for buger always go into stew meat. My wife uses it in a sauerbraten gravy mix, soups, stir fry, etc. Always awesome!

·
Registered
937 Posts
I took 3 deer this year so I have plenty of backstraps. Never tried stir frying until this year and wish i tried it earlier! its great! Backstrap thin sliced and marinated in soy sauce or whatever you prefer, cook up some sliced water chestnuts, baby corn, snap beans, onions, garlic, broccoli, and mushrooms. Add a little sriracha and serve!

·
Registered
8,718 Posts
We have several packages of venison in the freezer marked "Stew/Stir Fry."

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
We make stir fri on the grill all the time best stuff ever . You can get the wok for the barbecue at meager/ Walmart if you never have tried it on the grill you are missing out

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
I usually pick out a few of the better pieces and freeze them whole, then they can be used as a roast, sliced for steak or cubed for stew or whatever. I also can some, I wonder how that would do in a stir fry? Might try that soon.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

1 - 13 of 13 Posts