Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant find my pic from when I first planted this field of WI clover and BFO but here is a pic from 10-4

Here it is 12-22

Here is a close up of the BFO

All fall the deer would funnel from the right side of the field coming from the woods and feed thru the plot on a angle heading twards the beans on the far left of the pic. They left the left side of the field alone and the oats got pretty high, well now they are hammering them. I watched many does and 2 bucks rutting around this plot last night. Notice some of the BFO are yellow but there is still alot of green under the snow.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
6,904 Posts
there hitting your oats better than mine rob. theres a few tracks in mine but since we got all this snow they have been tearing the crap out of my clover plot. went for a walk today to check out the brassicas and nothing has touched them yet. maybe next month. :lol:

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
I'm really disappointed in the action on my oats this season. I've got one plot, about a 1.25 acre rectangle, where it's roughtly split in thirds - BFO north third, plain elevator oats in the middle, and wheat in the south third. The deer are focusing their efforts almost 100% on the wheat.

I dunno why I ever bother planting anything other than clover, wheat, and soybeans.

·
Super Moderator
6,904 Posts
oh come on farmlegend. the way they eat them brassicas of yours i dont know why you would want to plant anything else. :lol: heres what my clover looked like this morning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts