Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

If you could only choose one color teardrop...

1815 Views 32 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  mickfoo
What color would it be? Lets assume we are talking for panfish here. When I was younger I would only use green, orange, or pearl. I have lived out of state for quite a while but when I do get home to do some ice fishing nowdays', the only color I use is gold. I got that idea from an old timer a few years back. I was on the ice watching him and he was cleaning up compared to everyone else. I went right out and bought a couple of gold tear drops and that is all I use now. My brother is a diehard fan of chartruse/orange but I usualy outfish him with my gold. Last year he took his girlfriend icefishing for the first time. I told him to make sure she uses gold. The next day she called and thanked me. She outfished everyone! Guess you have to stay with what works.:D

So how about it? What is the one color you wont go out on the ice with?:cool:
See less
What color would it be? Lets assume we are talking for panfish here. When I was younger I would only use green, orange, or pearl. I have lived out of state for quite a while but when I do get home to do some ice fishing nowdays', the only color I use is gold. I got that idea from an old timer a few years back. I was on the ice watching him and he was cleaning up compared to everyone else. I went right out and bought a couple of gold tear drops and that is all I use now. My brother is...
See more
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Green with a red dot is what I used to use, ALL the time. But now, the real producers seem to be yellow/chartruese with an orange dot. I've gotten on a kick with the teardrops and tiny jigs with blades. The fish seem to love those blades, they'll smack it even without bait. I did the gold and silver thing for a while, they caught fish, just not the numbers that the yellow did.
Green with a red dot is what I used to use, ALL the time. But now, the real producers seem to be yellow/chartruese with an orange dot. I've gotten on a kick with the teardrops and tiny jigs with blades. The fish seem to love those blades, they'll smack it even without bait. I did the gold and silver thing for a while, they caught fish, just not the numbers that the yellow did.
See more
last year i would have to say that i caught more panfish on a black with green dot and gold backside than all of my other teardrops. this year i have a couple extras in my box. come on ice.
last year i would have to say that i caught more panfish on a black with green dot and gold backside than all of my other teardrops. this year i have a couple extras in my box. come on ice.
See more
Because there is no way I could ever choose just one...;)
Because there is no way I could ever choose just one...;)
See more
No matter what color it is it would have to glow!
No matter what color it is it would have to glow!
See more
WilDBillY, I caught so many crappie last year on a black with green dot that the paint wore off.

Having said that I'll go with glow green as #1.
WilDBillY, I caught so many crappie last year on a black with green dot that the paint wore off.

Having said that I'll go with glow green as #1.
See more
my go to has always been an orange/chartruese either glow or with gold glitter thru out now with my new jammin jigs i havent gotten a new favorite picked out yet
my go to has always been an orange/chartruese either glow or with gold glitter thru out now with my new jammin jigs i havent gotten a new favorite picked out yet
See more
Last year it was a purple with gold glitter, until a monster gill broke me off. havent replaced it yet:( (where`s the ice? )
Last year it was a purple with gold glitter, until a monster gill broke me off. havent replaced it yet:( (where`s the ice? )
See more
I'd have to say chartruce glow with a pink glow tip. Iv'e used these for years now and they never seem to let me down.

2. green w/black dot
3. black ant
4. purple ant
I'd have to say chartruce glow with a pink glow tip. Iv'e used these for years now and they never seem to let me down.

2. green w/black dot
3. black ant
4. purple ant
See more
My #1 is a white Moonglow with a chartreuse dot in size 12.....Patch
My #1 is a white Moonglow with a chartreuse dot in size 12.....Patch
See more
Black Bart.......black withred glitter
Black Bart.......black withred glitter
See more
Black with red dot and glow back.
Followed closely by about fifty others.
Black with red dot and glow back.
Followed closely by about fifty others.
See more
Tough call.

Although chartreuse with red dot has done me no wrong, chrome/silver works just as well.
Tough call.

Although chartreuse with red dot has done me no wrong, chrome/silver works just as well.
See more
last year it was brown with an orange dot........but got to would be chartruse and orange jig style
last year it was brown with an orange dot........but got to would be chartruse and orange jig style
See more
last year it was brown with an orange dot........but go to would be chartruse and orange jig style
last year it was brown with an orange dot........but go to would be chartruse and orange jig style
See more
Gold / Silver teardrop, #12 with a fat maggot threaded up the hook covering all of the hook.
Gold / Silver teardrop, #12 with a fat maggot threaded up the hook covering all of the hook.
See more
Black with a Green dot, far and away. This pole reinforces the need to try other colors when what you have down ain't working.
Black with a Green dot, far and away. This pole reinforces the need to try other colors when what you have down ain't working.
See more
Geezzz, I've never heard of so many people using, black with the green dot,,,,, looks like I'll add that to my "arsenal".
Geezzz, I've never heard of so many people using, black with the green dot,,,,, looks like I'll add that to my "arsenal".
See more
The last couple years it's been white with green dot for me.
The last couple years it's been white with green dot for me.
See more
Moonglow with an orange dot or solid orange, but there are times when dark subtle colors are the only thing working.
Moonglow with an orange dot or solid orange, but there are times when dark subtle colors are the only thing working.
See more
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.