Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What color would it be? Lets assume we are talking for panfish here. When I was younger I would only use green, orange, or pearl. I have lived out of state for quite a while but when I do get home to do some ice fishing nowdays', the only color I use is gold. I got that idea from an old timer a few years back. I was on the ice watching him and he was cleaning up compared to everyone else. I went right out and bought a couple of gold tear drops and that is all I use now. My brother is a diehard fan of chartruse/orange but I usualy outfish him with my gold. Last year he took his girlfriend icefishing for the first time. I told him to make sure she uses gold. The next day she called and thanked me. She outfished everyone! Guess you have to stay with what works.:D

So how about it? What is the one color you wont go out on the ice with?:cool:

·
Registered
20,129 Posts
Green with a red dot is what I used to use, ALL the time. But now, the real producers seem to be yellow/chartruese with an orange dot. I've gotten on a kick with the teardrops and tiny jigs with blades. The fish seem to love those blades, they'll smack it even without bait. I did the gold and silver thing for a while, they caught fish, just not the numbers that the yellow did.

·
Super Moderator
6,907 Posts
last year i would have to say that i caught more panfish on a black with green dot and gold backside than all of my other teardrops. this year i have a couple extras in my box. come on ice.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
No matter what color it is it would have to glow!

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
WilDBillY, I caught so many crappie last year on a black with green dot that the paint wore off.

Having said that I'll go with glow green as #1.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
my go to has always been an orange/chartruese either glow or with gold glitter thru out now with my new jammin jigs i havent gotten a new favorite picked out yet

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I'd have to say chartruce glow with a pink glow tip. Iv'e used these for years now and they never seem to let me down.

2. green w/black dot
3. black ant
4. purple ant

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
My #1 is a white Moonglow with a chartreuse dot in size 12.....Patch

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Black Bart.......black withred glitter

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
Tough call.

Although chartreuse with red dot has done me no wrong, chrome/silver works just as well.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Gold / Silver teardrop, #12 with a fat maggot threaded up the hook covering all of the hook.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Black with a Green dot, far and away. This pole reinforces the need to try other colors when what you have down ain't working.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Moonglow with an orange dot or solid orange, but there are times when dark subtle colors are the only thing working.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts