Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many of you would hunt doves and when do you think the season would start, an how long the season will be.
And lastly the bag limits.

·
Premium Member
12,445 Posts
When the bill passes!

When? Not to early.
How long? Not long enough!
How many? Less than the number of rounds I shoot!

Hope this helps!;)

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
If the season is anything like Indiana and Ohio's, it should come in early, near or just before Labor Day. It will probably last anywhere from 2-4 weeks in a row with a few later weekends to shoot late migrants. It will be a great primer for Grouse and I'll probably shoot right up to the Grouse opener.

I'm not sure on bag limits, but I bet its also similar to Indiana and Ohio.

·
Registered
949 Posts
The season would probably start on September 1 or the weekend just prior to or after that date.

I believe it would be a 45 or a 60 day season. It may be a split season. For example the month of September and then open again in late October.

Bag limit would probably be 15 birds. Some Southern states opt for longer seasons but have smaller bags (10 birds). Most Northern states opt for shorter seasons but the larger 15 bird bag limit.

The state would have to follow guidelines that are set by the feds, being that doves are migratory.

I've said a number of times in the past on this forum. . . The sportsman of Michigan will be amazed at how much fun dove hunting is when / if we get a season. If the sportsman of Michigan had any idea what they have been missing, this thing would have been pushed through long ago!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts