Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
I'm so sick of hearing about the dams. Last summer they were saying theybdestroyed the bay walleye fishing. Yet, the water dirtied up and the fishing was phenomenal from July on. Not to mention how unbelievable it was this fall.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk
I don't know how unbelievable it was. I can remember seeing at least 50 boats in prime time in the spring and fall jigging pre dam failure and that was just in the Bay city area. Not that many jiggers and shore fishers recently as compared to pre dam failures.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Looks like everything but the shore ice is gone from that satalite image but I can take a look tomorrow. The ice on the river there required spudding to find a trail on Saturday.
Yes sir, my buddy was there Saturday ,he went out at hale rd. 3 fow got some nice perch until the wind picked up. That would be great if u get to look and see what is left. I was on the skag Friday and Saturday. U can pm me also. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Yes sir, my buddy was there Saturday ,he went out at hale rd. 3 fow got some nice perch until the wind picked up. That would be great if u get to look and see what is left. I was on the skag Friday and Saturday. U can pm me also. Thanks for the info.
That ice is still there. Everything from about Sagatoo rd north and around is still there. Looking out from my house, there is ice as far as you can see that way. You can actually see it on the satellite view too.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Yes, and it has been.

It's a done deal, already being worked on. Supposedly the lakes will look like they used to in 5 years.. if I had money to invest, I'd buy a few houses along there to flip....but the cost is going to be put on alot of the residents.
The work being performed now has NOTHING to do with the permanent reconstruction.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Premium Member
30,735 Posts
The work being performed now has NOTHING to do with the permanent reconstruction.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Never said whatever is going on had anything to do with anything. Just said they will be rebuilt and the whole plan is underway. Whatever that entails is out of my hands.. 😆. According to the last article I read atleast....

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
Never said whatever is going on had anything to do with anything. Just said they will be rebuilt and the whole plan is underway. Whatever that entails is out of my hands.. 😆. According to the last article I read atleast....

From what I heard, the proposed dams will not be designed to produce electricity. Will be used for water retention and water level control.
A lot less permits needed because of no power generation. Just wondering how much work will be done on the dry impoundment's prior to them being filled. Good opportunity to build spawning reefs and clear some of the dead heads.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
4-6 inches of ice out of the park where you pay the neighbor lady $3 to park. I spudded out to 8 fow. It was only me and another pair of guys in a shanty. They left an hour and half before sun down. I could have went farther out but, being my first time ice fishing the bay and being solo

I decided against it. Caught zero fish and marked zero fish on the garmin. Nice day to be out though. Sun came out for the last hour. Good day to not have a shanty.

Took m-13 up to South Bay city before I headed east. Bunch of people fishing the river. I’m sure this weekend will be a zoo/circus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Looks good all the way to February. 😀 we'll be to bouy1 before the end of the month!
Yep, my local which isn't much different than you guys an hour north only shows one day above freezing (a whopping 33 degrees on Tuesday) for a couple weeks out with lots of teen highs and single digit lows. Been a while since we had a week's worth of ice making conditions with no interruptions along the way. I'm not seeing a lot of snow either. I'd definitely like some of that in my area but hopefully it will hold off on the bay until it locks up nicely for safer and smoother travels.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts