Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
Confirmed or just a assumption?
Only can be confirmed until after it's built. I'm going to assume with 90% confidence that they will be re built. The question is when? Too many important people want it built. Lets see how fast they can cut through the red tape. Keep in mind the "powers to be" have the scissors.

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
There's always a few on it earlier then people think....plus, remember this....hardly no current now with the dams gone. 😉
This water flow issue is/can be an interesting situation. The Saginaw and trib's that flow into the Saginaw are basically free flowing. The loss of the dams resulted in the lack of balancing of the flow during rain events. Now, during a rain the water flow is not impeded by the dams.
Todays situation is hardly any flow when the rains are lacking. Big flow whenever there is rain in the Saginaw River basin.
What are the effects on spawning? Water turbidity is and will continue to be an issue because the water flow will not be balanced.

·
Premium Member
30,735 Posts
Wait are people suggesting that the dam failures on the titt have reduced flow from that river into the sag river?
Yes, and it has been.
Only can be confirmed until after it's built. I'm going to assume with 90% confidence that they will be re built. The question is when? Too many important people want it built. Lets see how fast they can cut through the red tape. Keep in mind the "powers to be" have the scissors.
It's a done deal, already being worked on. Supposedly the lakes will look like they used to in 5 years.. if I had money to invest, I'd buy a few houses along there to flip....but the cost is going to be put on alot of the residents.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yes, and it has been.

It's a done deal, already being worked on. Supposedly the lakes will look like they used to in 5 years.. if I had money to invest, I'd buy a few houses along there to flip....but the cost is going to be put on alot of the residents.
I had same idea right after it happened Ralph. If I only had half a mil laying around

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I had same idea right after it happened Ralph. If I only had half a mil laying around

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
Brother in law got one for cheap on Wixom. Put some money into it. Probably could flip it for 50k once the lake comes back.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26,615 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sharpend my anger blades yesterday I'm about ready to get out. If only my fishing partner was willing need to find new fishing partners. Specially some that know the bay as I do not know a dam thing about it.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I'm so sick of hearing about the dams. Last summer they were saying theybdestroyed the bay walleye fishing. Yet, the water dirtied up and the fishing was phenomenal from July on. Not to mention how unbelievable it was this fall.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I'm so sick of hearing about the dams. Last summer they were saying theybdestroyed the bay walleye fishing. Yet, the water dirtied up and the fishing was phenomenal from July on. Not to mention how unbelievable it was this fall.

The walleye fishing is still great on the titt even after the flood. My catch rates never changed pre to post flood. And I fish it A LOT.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts