Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of the first one man Ice trap shantys and now the bottom is starting to get real thin and even has a hole in it. Don't want to get a new one yet , just wondering if anyone has repaired there's. Any info will help.

Remember the golden rule ( limit your kill don't kill your limit )

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
slowpoke from the site made a pretty trick set of skiis out of conduit which seemed to work fine on his old trap them some patches on the existing holes, PM him for some info. or replace the sled itself contact clam corp and im sure they can steer ya the right way. good luck!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Mine got a hole on one of the raised molded runners. I had an old pair of fiberglass downhill skis so I cut them to length, cut a piece of 1x3 for inside in the runners recess and screwed the skis to the 1x3. Also put some epoxy all around the hole before I attached the skis. Worked fine. I would recommend anyone who is pulling their Trap w/quad or snowmobile do the same to protect their runners from damage.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
also they do sell runner kits to stop you from ever wearing out your sled, just replacing runners ever so often

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
I haven't done it, but i would imagine some fiberglass cloth patch and resin would work.... I'd try it out on a test peice first though.

steve

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
On my first "Trap", I had holes worn through from wear too. To repair, I cut lengths of patch material from a $3.00 plastic sled. The ones you buy at WalMart or K-Mart, cheap plastic snow sleds for kids. Material was approx. 1/8" thick. I then used "Goop", the versatile glue that comes in a variety of styles now, remains somewhat flexible after drying, and slathered (?;) ) the pieces with the Goop, put in place, drilled holes and used small nuts/bolts with washers to hold until dry. An excellent repair. Tough, water (snow) tight and lasted for as long as the original bottom. On my new Trap Pro however I wised up and put on wear strips right away before using it. :D

:cool:

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
2 part Epoxy works good. Whale's repair sounds good and is somewhat like I did. I also put conduit runners on the bottom that works good for wear bars and helps keep the sled tracking behind my ATV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts