Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any "ice taxi" services operating on Anchor Bay?
Someone that will take you and your gear out on the ice for a fee??? :eek: :D

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I don't think so. I have heard of some over on the Canada side. I do know there is one at fish point on the Sag. bay. If you are interested give me a pm.

·
Administrator
26,855 Posts
Hey Randy. How much you want to spend? LOL I got a 3-wheeler and its a life saver for us old guys. If I had to pull my stuff thru that all that snow thats out there now, I'd be dead or at home not fishing.

I don't know of any doing the taxi thing. Blue water bait used to have shanties out of Fair Haven and take those people renting them out. But this year I don't see thier shanties.

Couple years back I think someone was doing a taxi service from Selfridge. Don't know if he still does.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
I may be wrong but I could have swore I saw the blue water taxie running

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I think the guy at Selfridge last year was just doing it for fun. They also had a Hotdog stand going.

·
Registered
505 Posts
yea...but that was before the fun police of St Clair County came across the lake and busted him like they did for the hot dog stand for the Gull Island party for not having a permit....
Pretty soon they're just gonna have one big statewide ordinance that says its against the law to have any fun on Lake St Clair unless you wanna have fun by passing by fisherman real close on your jet sled.......

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I was there when the hot dog man put his truck through the ice. I bet it cost him all his profits for the year to get his rig our, good think it was close to shore.

·
Premium Member
12,201 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'll let you use a portable shantie so you dont have to pull the lodge , just remember green glass.
:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts