Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got an old ice spud they no longer have a need for? The Doc said that he thinks chopping a hole would be better that drilling. Too much "side to side" with a auger.
I know I have the head to a speedy spud around here but with the drywall up in the garage,I can't find it. I'm sure I will when I get another.
Thanks Guys!
Sly

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Mark, if you can make it out with Harry and myself I will drill all the holes you want, no problem at all - Bryon

·
Registered
6,095 Posts

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......almost starting to take the appearance of a lynch mob effect in the thread doesn't it.:16suspect

Holes - rope - matches.........damn good thing we might like ya Mark.:evil::lol:

·
catch & digest
3,860 Posts
Mark,

If you can find the head to your Speedy Spud, I'll get you the handle for it. I LOVE mine, wouldn't go on the ice without it. Let me know.

Harry

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Harry,
Thanks to you other guys,too!!! I Think!!!:cheeky-sm
Sly:evilsmile

·
Registered
6,095 Posts

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the offers boys,but I'm back to work(hurting):yikes: and if I can work, I sure as heck should be able to spud my own holes. :eek:ne_eye:
Now I will always accept an offer to keep from walking! If I didn't accept those offers I would be thrown out of the "Lazy Pollack" club!!!:lol:
I guess I'll have to go buy a spud.......I just know I will find the head from my old one within a day or so of buying a new one!!:16suspect

·
catch & digest
3,860 Posts
Mark,

If you buy a new one and find the old one, I'll buy it off you. That'll soften the cost for you and leave me with a back up.

Harry

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Mark,

If you buy a new one and find the old one, I'll buy it off you. That'll soften the cost for you and leave me with a back up.

Harry
I need to tke a look at your spud, Harry. I'm also gonna need to go out and see whose is faster. I may have to grind a little on my spud to make it quicker.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mark,

Harry

Heck,Harry.if I would have known,I would have given you my spud when I bought my Lazer and I would know where to find my spud now!!!:lol: I out thunk myself when my lazer broke at the collar. I thought to myself that I should repair it at the time and get a new length of pipe in there so it would be easier to find later;)......naturally I convinced myself that I would be able to find the head later......WRONG!!!:yikes:

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
Sylveeesster, there ya go losing yur head again.:lol::evil:

Jim, don't think yur gonna beat that spud of Harry's.:nono: That's one slick ice eating spud.:SHOCKED:

·
Registered
6,095 Posts
I don't think I can beat it, YET. But I sure can come close to it.:D

:yikes: Looks like the devills handy work.:16suspect Could come in handy prodding Sylvvveesster.:evil:

·
catch & digest
3,860 Posts
Jim,

That looks pretty close to mine. I like that I can turn mine upside down and carve slots in the ice with little effort. I use it to drop the runners of my shanty into it so the wind doesn't blow it away when I'm not in it. Looks like I'm going to have to touch up the edges.

Harry

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"Could come in handy prodding Sylvvveesster."
You of all people should know that you only have to prod something that will not move!:p:evilsmile
And if you start prodding on me,there better be more than 1 prong!!!!!:yikes::lol:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a couple of spuds and don't need all of them. I use an auger most of the time. One of the spuds was given to me by a friend that moved down south and his initials are SLY. I will take some pictures and post to see if you want it. They were made in a machine shop and not store bought.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts