Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if theres a way to sharpen an ice saw blade. Mine doesnt want to cut very good. IT doesnt have a brand on it so i dont know what kind it is. the blade looks thicker than most i see online. If someone know how or even a picture of your blades would help. thanks.
ps im getting by with a spud and power auger

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
I have a old Double Diamond saw. Look on there site. They offer sharpening.
doublediamondspears.com/DoubleDiamondSpears/Spears.htm

·
Darkhouse Ninja
5,599 Posts
What Color is the blade?

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
thanks everyone, i tried to search it in the search bar but everytime i search on this site it pops up "no results" the blade looks like brushed aluminum and is rather thick. I didnt think the blades would be that thick, its also kind of soft maybe more like galvanized steel. i will see if i can upload a picture after i get out of work. looks like this one
http://sell.lulusoso.com/selling-leads/1457672/Ice-saw.html
also if this ice saw is a piece of junk i wont be offended. I got it really cheap and will probably end up is a Fish saw next year.

·
Darkhouse Ninja
5,599 Posts
Yeah it's made in China I'd say it's probably junk that's why your having issues but you could try to sharpen it since you got it cheap, if you could copy the angle of a better saw that may help if you know someone that has one, I know with fish toys you can send them back and Wayne will make them like new for $10 bucks.

·
Darkhouse Ninja
5,599 Posts
hey jason, what about these saws? they have been around my area for a long time.. only see one or two and then none till next season.. SAW

There are about $50-85 more then the fish toys or a dream outdoors saw shipped to your door, lol!!

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
I just sent my fish toy's saw back to Wayne to get sharpened in December and he did a great job and I had it back in a week, the charge was 30 bucks and it was worth it.

Posted from Michigan-sportsman.com App for Android

1 - 10 of 10 Posts