Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where to get a noodle style ice rod? I am talking a really flexible style rod. I have looked all around and can't find any. I am not speaking of a regular combo style ice rod either. Those are all too firm. I wish I had a pic of one to post on here. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
i'm from SE Mich, aka metro detroit. I could tell ya where to get one around here, and in lansing there is grand river bait and tackle that always has some, but other than that, I can't help ya out. Lansing might not be too bad for ya, I dunno. Maybe you'll find yourself there sometime for something else anyways.

steve

·
Registered
168 Posts
apprentice if you go to the post that list all the tackle shops in the state that is on this forum the phone number for grand river bait and tackle is in there and I am sure if oyu call wayne who is the owner and talk to him he would probably send one to you by ups with a credit card...very trust worthy person been in the tackle business for over twenty years...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
double trouble said:
Has anyone ordered one of these? I was just wondering how flexible they actually are. A lot of rods claim to be extrememly sensitive, but in reality they aren't. What started this post was a buddy of mine bought a rod at a yard sale that was hand made and I tell you this thing is sensitive. I don't even know if anyone makes anything like them, but figured I would ask around. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
398 Posts
For you to get a rod with the kind of action you want you may have to buy a blank and sand it down to suit you. a good blank to start with is a 31" brim rod blank from National Sports Supply. www.877icefish.com They also have some very nice cork handels. When I make one I use a stainless wire guide (like guitar or piano wire) to make the tip top so the rod remains sensitive and just one snake guide back on the rod.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I have 2 of these rods.They are VERY light action.They will actually double over with a 9 " bluegill.I HAve had a few years of enjoyment with mine so far and no problems yet...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts