Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Police, Fire and rescue boat out at State park around 10-10:30 pm last night lights and flasher going. Nothing on news or social media this morning yet. Anyone have any info if it was a good ending?

·
Super Moderator
35,312 Posts
Considering how late it was, cant be a good sign. Almost sounds like someone didnt show up when they were supposed to.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Wow sounds like it was a busy weekend for the police, fire, and coastguard up north this weekend. Heard of quite a few other rescues on inland lakes that all turned out ok. Hopefully some good news comes of this

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
I've already made the decision I won't be going on the ice this year. I know of other rescues that happened that didn't make to the media and those were on inland lakes that are usually very solid. The older I get the more I get nervous around weather like we have been having. You really have to watch yourself and be careful.

·
Premium Member
29,606 Posts
Anyone here anymore? I know they do drills too sometimes out if there? Here rumors of some machines making their way out some places. Everyone be careful! Travel in groups, especially right now.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone here anymore? I know they do drills too sometimes out if there? Here rumors of some machines making their way out some places. Everyone be careful! Travel in groups, especially right now.
Have not heard anything more either. Could of been a drill, seems odd to have their flashers going for a drill. Hope all was good for all and if it was a drill their experience is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Have not heard anything more either. Could of been a drill, seems odd to have their flashers going for a drill. Hope all was good for all and if it was a drill their experience is greatly appreciated!
It could have very well been a drill but it served at least 2 purposes. The CG got important training and this internet site has received lots of posts talking about safety and not doing stupid stuff on thin ice.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Maybe a " ? " in the thread title if unsure. Reads like it was happening at the time. That's what I thought.
Really?? Sorry sir to alarm you! Not very often a drill is expected to run at 10:00-10:30 at night. If night training was what they were doing its dark at 5:30. What harm was done by my post of possible resuce? When you see that magnitude of personal and responder vehicles, first thing that comes to anyones mind is rescue. Have you personally seen that it was in fact only a drill? As a couple prior post states (1 is a post above yours) "they think they saw" "thought they saw"something that it was a drill. Positive or speculation? Awareness is good anyway you look at it but your feathers seem to got ruffled that it was just a drill. Oh boy.... glad your a 100% or nothing kinda a guy not to many around anymore! Stay safe and good fishin!

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wonder if they packed their pee out

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk
I wondered the same thing LMFAO doubt it tho since it seems like the thing to do.. Piss and sh** where ever...Hopefully they didnt leave a care package for the next guy.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts