Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the latest information on Wixom? I know they took a lot of water out of the lake for some construction so I was wondering what that and this cold weather has done for the ice conditions. Looking at hitting it this weekend if at all possible. I'd most likely be fishing by the DNR launch off Dundas Road. No machines either as we'd be on foot. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
453 Posts
There may b good ice by the weekend. Drove by muddy bay today it is still open on the river side of the big island. I'll check by dundas later in the week and post back.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks, much appreciated. We thought about an afternoon evening fish on Saturday but we may come up early Sunday if ice is good to get a whole day on the water since it isn't too far of a drive allowing us to get back at a decent time Sunday night for work on Monday.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Went by where middle and brushaber meet today at work 4 different groups of people fishing the channel to the north

·
Registered
96 Posts
I drove thru today and no 1 at dnr -end of brushhabor or the cuts the cuts look good but water level was nothing looked like water across from the dnr and brushhabor had ice across but I did not walk out

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had a couple of friends head out yesterday on the second cut east of the M30 bridge. fishing on 3" of ice but closer to middle rd. there was at least 6". Didnt really catch any though

·
Registered
47 Posts
My brother fished brushaber 3 inches of ice very slow, one decent gill. He said there was about a dozen people out there but everyone he talked too wasnt catching anything.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. I went out this evening and threw some tip ups out for an hour off the dnr launch. No luck but a nice night to be out. Ice was good, 4 inches plus in all the spots I checked, hopefully the fishing is better tomorrow

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the reports guys. Glad to hear the ice is finally safe enough in some areas. I will probably hit that next weekend as I'm headed a little farther north for tomorrow. Was the crappie bite on spikes or was it minnows? I usually catch them on minnows where I fish them around here but up there I always found they liked spikes better but I suppose it depends on the school of fish and the day. Glad to hear someone caught something though and hopefully I get lucky tomorrow and catch a few. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts