Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With temps in the 40's the next couple of days and rain Monday and Tuesday,how long do you guys thing the ice is going to hold up here?

·
Registered
902 Posts
all depends where and what lake? You would think up north will be ok yet. thursday and friday temps may tighten some lakes up.:D

·
Banned
5,167 Posts
All the lakes I checked out this weekend were good, The only problem I see the ice will get bad around shorelines because of little frost in the ground due to early snows this year. Hopefully we will get some cooler temps to tighten things back up. The good thing it's alot easier walkin know, the snow and slush is going away.:D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Skulldugary, myself and my son in law and the grandkids were on Higgins lake Sunday by the sunken iland on the south end the Ice was good except we found a spot that had only 7" of clear ice and 12" of white ice and slush on top! I think the ice will be good unless we get a real down pore and it stays warm.

·
Banned
5,167 Posts
I was out again tonight, Just as I thought the shoreline will be the first thing to go, The lake is somewhat swampy around the edges and wednesday will probally be the last day for that lake. I managed 20 fish in two hours with a couple around 9" and a 10 1/2' perch hate to see the ice go on that lake.:mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts