Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
ICE FISHING ISNT ALL THAT BAD IF YOU USE COMMON SENCE
AND ALWAY KEEP SAFTY FIRST IN YOUR MIND
I'VE BEEN ICE FISHING EVER SENCE I WAS 9 OR 10 YRS OLD
ONLY HAD ONE THING HAPPEN (ICE BROKE AWAY FROM SHORE )
ONCE IN 45 YRS OF FISHING WACTHING THE WEATHER AND WIND DIRECTIONS IS ALSO A GOOD IDEA :fish:
I REALY LIKE THE SPORT AND ENJOY IT ALONG WITH WARM WEATHER FISHING AND HUNTING
:chillin:

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
It's as dangerous as you make it. In other words use common sense. No fish is worth losing your life over. Yes suits are available for a hefty price.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
:confused: just put one of those blow up rings with a duck head around you and go out there.:lol:

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Like everyone has been saying, just pay attention to the world around you. Watch the weather and the ice. It is more dangerous to drive to the lake than it is to walk on the ice.

The danger of ice and ice fishing has been blown way out of proportion by the news media, mostly local TV, because they enjoy the attention their reports get when they hype a minor accident.

An article on ice and ice safety was on the front page of the Macomb Daily several weeks ago. There was a quick mention that the issue of charging for ice rescues only came up after the TV news in the area would do a report on it. Otherwise, there was not a problem with ice rescue or the cost.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
zx10r2004 said:
:confused: just put one of those blow up rings with a duck head around you and go out there.:lol:
lol:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts