Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Lost my "entire 25 years of fishing" stuff. I'm looking to replace, fold over 2 man shanty, poles, lures etc.... Any ideas
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Popped out of my tub on way in from SE Boutelle near Linwood road last year. Went back to get it and it was gone

·
Registered
67 Posts
I saw a couple of ads last night on craigslist in Flint and Detroit of guys selling out of their ice fishing stuff....New shelters, Augers, etc etc......I would start there and save some money..

·
Registered
694 Posts
If your on FB, lots have been listed lately on Saginaw River Monsters and Michigan Hardwater Fisherman groups too if CL doesn't pan out for ya. Could leave a post on either page with what your looking for too.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm sorry about your stuff but if you've been doing this 25 years you know what to do right?

Not being harsh here just asking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok to make it more clear, I folded my shanty with all equipment put it in my tub and tied it down. On way in, I was last to make sure all were safe, ties came undone, shanty popped out and I lost EVERYTHING! I went back down same trail to fishing spot and it was no where to be found. Oh we'll someone must have needed more than I as I immediately posted on here and put flyers up all over. A year later still no response

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ahh Got it. Are you looking for donations?

I could scrape up some stuff.

What are you looking for

·
Premium Member
3,322 Posts
Sorry to hear that happened!!!

Here is a good start, not a flip over but a hub. I used a hub all day today in the 30 MPH wind with no issues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. I appreciate your help I am gathering "stuff" Christmas and birthday, wife and kids helped a lot. Gathering lures ,poles, heater now just need shelter. The Hub sounds good. Any specific kind work better than the other. I like warm shelters I take my grandsons out sometimes

·
Premium Member
3,322 Posts
Get any brand you want but get a thermal. I am an eskimo man but all of the new ones are nice.

·
Registered
25,154 Posts
Saw the other day, Franks have Shappell FX 250 for $299.00. Pretty nice 2 man shanty for the price. ;) ;)

·
Registered
25,154 Posts
Eye picked up the FX 150 this year, And am very happy with it, Lite weight, Lots of room, And well designed.. :fish:

·
Registered
25,154 Posts
That's strange, Eye can stand up in the FX 150 with room to spare,,

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Fx 150 and fx 200 are the same tub. The 150 has plenty of stand up room. The 200 they just turn the tub sideways. Drawback it is shorter. Go with a flipover not a hub

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
That's strange, Eye can stand up in the FX 150 with room to spare,,
Dan I had the fx150 before I sold it too loomis. I like that shanty alot. Go to the invention/ improvement thread and make ya some wind poles. They work great and make your shanty feel twice as big. They also hold the front down well.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts