Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved to North Branch not all that long ago. Im 27 and this will be my first winter here. After Thanksgiving it looks like we have a cold front that will stay. Should be ice fishing in 2 weeks. I have been on DNR site looking at topo maps. Just want to see wanted to see if anyone had advice! Including where not to go lol.

I am targeting panfish (as we all are) and was curious what are some lakes you would recommend? I prefer smaller lakes as my snowmobile is a 2 stroke and not made to pull gear all over the ice. So everything is by foot.

I moved from the Clare area and had great panfish fishing on Lake Isabella (Mount Pleasant) and Lake Mitchell within driving distance. I am also willing to knock on doors if anyone knows of any private lakes.

I am a catch and release angler. I do not keep any of the fish I catch. I take a picture and return it to the lake.

I would love any suggestions!

Thanks in advance!

Matt

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm not real familiar with that area so I'm not alot of help as far as specifics go. I do recommend the Navionics app for your phone, i think it's like $15 for a year and you can look at lakes around your area as well as see depth contours of alot if them. I've used it to find new lakes to try, it's really nice having the depths on your phone too. The app will even tell you where the boat launch is on alot the lakes. Hope this helps, good luck fishing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts