Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

161 - 180 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
It just irritates me to see people “southerners” like this lake and say it’s good fishing. Now it used to be good fishing back in the day but to even say it’s a good lake is total BS.

·
Registered
673 Posts
It just irritates me to see people “southerners” like this lake and say it’s good fishing. Now it used to be good fishing back in the day but to even say it’s a good lake is total BS.
I think it's important to remember that "good" is relative. A mediocre lake for one person may be an outstanding lake for someone else, even with equal results.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I thought we were called downstaters? That's what my neighbor across the road calls us.

Southerners are like from Ohio or something lol

And alot of the locals have their origins downstate someplace.

Regardless call me whatever you want. It's your problem not mine

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts
Damn southerners! We bring money to your economy. You're probably the type that gets pissed cause the neighbor shot "your" deer. IGNORANT
SO you are the one that shot my deer. Don't et it happen again :D. Fish away and pay no attention to some one that had holes was pissed in. As I said before I don't like crowds around me

·
Registered
8,201 Posts
I thought we were called downstaters? That's what my neighbor across the road calls us.

I think the names are Citiots, Flatlanders, and then Hillbillies. Depends on how far you are driving. But as far as I'm concerned, you're all welcome to come up to hunt and fish. Even those people from Ohio!

I've even been known to pass along a tip or two to some like @crossneyes.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Yup...can't keep quiet anymore. What is your deal??? I've done extremely well on Mitchell for years...and I'm just a "southerner" who apparently isn't a good fisherman because I don't live "up north". Guess what...I fish your precious Burt and Mullett and also travel to the UP, to Saginaw, St Clair, Detroit, Alpena...and on and on. Why do you care so much about convincing people that your hometown lakes suck??? Yes...they are getting overfished lately...because of the warm falls/early winters...Mitchell is one of the first lakes to freeze in the entire LP. And people have a blast there and bring money to your economy. And even with all the pressure...it IS a good lake and almost a guarantee to chase some flags and find some panfish biting at any time on Mitchell. If it wasn't a good lake...people would be one and done. But they return because Cadillac provides a great experience both on and off the water. You should be happy everyone is stopping off in Cadillac and leaving Indian River for you. How have you done on Burt this season? Lots of good ice on Burt and Mullett for the last three weeks? Maybe there has been ice up there and you have been crushing them...but no need to bash people for enjoying the Cadillac area! Tight lines, my friend!

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts

Are you going to the lake we talked about this weekend

161 - 180 of 202 Posts