Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With winter nearing, i was just wondering if anyone here ice fishes around lansing with any sucess. if so where do you fish, what do you catch and what do use. thanks

Paul

·
Registered
723 Posts
It all depends on how far you want to travel. Theres lake Lansing in east lansing,a lake on cavanough in lansing,sleepy hollow between lansing and st. johns,lake interstate and alliance by potterville. Farther south there is pine lake, akley lake both by olivet. Duck ,lake of the woods both by springport. And a lot that I cant think of off the top of my head. all have panfish , Some pike walleye bass. use the usual bait

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info, i was also wondering what is the closest lake, which contains a suffucient population of trout. i am willing to travel quite a way in order to catch em'. Thanks

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
golfpercy..... i'm not in the lansing area anymore, but i'll be up there periodically for some ice fishin..... we'll keep in touch and maybe when there is safe ice i'll show ya to some local lakes in the area.

steve

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
Golf, go to the dnr webpage and check out lakes where they have planted trout. Depending on the lake i am not sure whether many trout survive the summers at all, but the planting page is a place to start.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Hey!!! You guys are pushing it on this ice thing:p I am planning on some walleye and perch fishing yet this year:D Good luck and will see ya on the ice also,but hope it thakes awhile;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts