Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to replace my old scissor type with the strap on the toe and instep. I have seen a number of different ones in the market place. Have any of you traded in this style for the new ones. Your comments will appreciated
Thanks
Sturge

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
I try not to wear them, but if I have too, I just use the cheap 4 point elastic ones.(instep type) Hate to have to take them off when I get into my shanty all the time, but for the walk out, sometimes they are a must.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
sturge lake side and other bait shops sell the type that have bright green tubing, like slingshot tubing straps. they have 4 spikes on the bottom. I'm not sure of the name. poss someone else knows. but they are the only type to have. you can walk accross a parking lot and these things won't be hurt. They are easy to get on and off and work great on the slick stuff. A big pluss there affordable.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Polar Ice Creepers. I can't bend my knees and they are easy to get on and off. I wear them in the shanty too.

Ken

·
Registered
262 Posts
The green tube ones are the ticket, don't know the name, Polar Ice Creepers sounds right. EZ on EZ off. Scissor type ones are a pain in the a$$.

:cool:

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
that's the ones. two types of guys on the ice guys that own them and guys that will own them.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Steve only if they are in two diffrent colors;) . Now you might be a little weard if one was for winter and one for summer lol

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I talked with Bob today and he really liked those Green things. I will try them out. Thanks.
Tom

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
i'm pretty sure the green tube ones are called arctic spurs.

They work great, never have had a problem with them.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I have tried many different ice creepers and the ones that has the green tubs are ez on, off, cheap, and do a good job on the ice. I think you will like them.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The ice cleats that Ed is talking about are called Artic Spurs, just bought a spare pair at Gander Mountain for $9.99. they work great. also most places charge as much as $17.00 to $18.00. Cabelas also sells then if your planning a trip to Dundee

See ya on the ice

Eric / Tin Can

·
Registered
262 Posts
Pulled out the ice stuff......Arctic Spurs is the brand name.................I got mine at Lakeside..................

Fish on...............:cool:

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
When I was 9 I used my dads golf shoes...... no lie!! Put on about 3 pair of socks and off I went.

Feet still got cold but my a$$ was warm when pops found out.:eek:

·
Registered
532 Posts
I had the green tube ones fall apart after one season, It's like the adhesive didn't hold where the tube met the plastic inner sleeve! Anyone else ever have this happen?:mad:

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Carp_ There's no glue that holds the tube . If it breaks or slips off. Just cut off the used or worn piece. Wet the object it slips over and slide it back on. wait a few days and it's all set to go. If you are in a rush to use them, you can wet them with rubbing alchol , slip them on and away you go.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts