Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Did you guys see that report on channel 7 with all that ice built up over the sea wall of those houses on the lake? It was like a 6 ft. tall mound of ice chunks that the wind pushed into peoples backyards. Time to de-winterize the boats gentlemen!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
IS IT TRUE ALL THE LAKE IS GONE , ARE THE CANALS SHOT AISO .
I LIVE IN PORT HURON AND CAN'T GET ANY REPORTS FROM DOWN THER , WHATS UP EVERYONE STOP POSTING ONCE SHE LOOKS LIKE THE SEASON IS OVER . HELP A BROTHER OUT .

THANKS, A/K/A MING MING

·
Registered
904 Posts
I drove by Slefridge this morning, its all open water as far as one can see. The launch area is mostly open, the ice that is left over toward those docks coming off teh base is mush.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by Mr. UglyStick
Hey! Did you guys see that report on channel 7 with all that ice built up over the sea wall of those houses on the lake? It was like a 6 ft. tall mound of ice chunks that the wind pushed into peoples backyards. Time to de-winterize the boats gentlemen!
is there still ice @ harsons island

·
Registered
805 Posts
Ed Stringer, I drove by some canals on Wednesday (by Metro) and they did not look safe at all. With the warm weather, plus the rain, the ice sure deteriorated quickly.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
launch by 10 mile "Blossom heath" is still iced in . They still have a dock in but all ice . I know the Clinton river or Harley launch is open.

There were a few guys on the ice in the marina's by 10 mile yesterday. It's half open today with no one fishing it.

Anyone check out the ramps at Saint Jean/ det. river???? They open March 1 st. I went out there the day before it opened and they had it all chained off. It also looked like some jerk(S) dumped a ton of trash in the lot, including a large metal holding tank. Lets hope this dosen't hold up this ramp.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE DNR RAMP IS OPEN AT SANG OR CROCKER, OR ARE THEY STILL CHOKED WITH ICE. I WANT TO GET THE BOAT OUT IF I CAN'T GET ON THE ICE.

THANKS ALOT FOR THE INFO GUYS,

MING MING

·
Registered
25 Posts
Originally posted by Ed Michrina
launch by 10 mile "Blossom heath" is still iced in . They still have a dock in but all ice . I know the Clinton river or Harley launch is open.

There were a few guys on the ice in the marina's by 10 mile yesterday. It's half open today with no one fishing it.

Anyone check out the ramps at Saint Jean/ det. river???? They open March 1 st. I went out there the day before it opened and they had it all chained off. It also looked like some jerk(S) dumped a ton of trash in the lot, including a large metal holding tank. Lets hope this dosen't hold up this ramp.
Iwas there today and it was still chained up and junk out thare

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
ED. Michrina; I'm thinking of trying a boat at Sang also. If you do please send me a pm or report on the ramp. Do you think the perch will still be where we got them while ice fishing? I think theywill be there.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Slowpoke, I haven't been out to Selfridge to see if the docks are clear of ice. Perch are going to be hard to locate for a few weeks you might try trolling harnesses around the spill way. there are still some eyes that stage in that area to attemp to spawn there. A better bet would be jigging the north chl. out by grassy island. Good luck I'll be attempting the smelt thing tonight .

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
HEY SLOWPOKE I AGREE WITH ED THE PERCH WERE SHATERED BEFORE ICE OUT AND MORE THAN LIKELY STILL ARE .
BUT IF YOU LIKE BIG SUNNYS AND GILLS FISH SANG IN THE WEED BEDS BY THE PLANE RAMP .
I KNOW THEM FISH HOLD UNTIL THE PERCH START TO SPAWN AND THEY MOVE OUT UNTIL IT'S THEIR TURN.

A/K/A MING MING

1 - 16 of 16 Posts