Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Ice Conditions Washtenaw Co

10K views 57 replies 26 participants last post by  Bullrider115 
#1 ·
Any locals or outdoorsman have any ice conditions to report in the county? I normally go to the Waterloo Rec Area to ice fish.
Thanks in advance - Jim

#2 ·
Any locals or outdoorsman have any ice conditions to report in the county? I normally go to the Waterloo Rec Area to ice fish.
Thanks in advance - Jim
I drove by a few lakes in Jackson County yesterday.. none were safe. didnt go to Waterloo, but I assume those lakes are the same. Got a couple inches of heavy snow over night. That wont help.

#10 ·
Didn't make it to Joslin today but there were a few sets of footprints and some holes drilled about 100 yards off the boat launch at Whitmore. Kensington is ice/slushed over along w/ silver and 1/2 moon and pickerel. Canals are still flowing. No snow and current temps itll be at least a week till I'd even put a spud on it. Well good luck slushies I'm packing for a Houghton sunrise tight lines and swift tines

#28 ·
Drilled holes on Silver Lake (Green Oak Lake) @ US23 & Silver Lake road in Green Oak Township today. Got out about 100 yds over maybe 5’ of water. On a tape measure there was 3.5” of ice. Nobody fishing yet. May give it a whirl in the next few days if the temps stay in the 20’s at night. People are fishing Whitmore out in front of Ricks and i talked to a guy at the bait shop in Brighton next to the Cozy Inn and he was fishing on Little Crooked Lake in Brighton on what he said was 4-4.5” of ice supposedly. Be safe out there!

#29 ·
Joslyn, Cassidy , South, Green and Whitmore all had quite a few people on them. High land Patterson , Sullivan and Winnewana about 2 1/2" ice. Checked 2 other early freeze honeyholes 4+. I'll give it 2 more nights of teen temps and I'm all in to be stabbing at sunrise on Monday morning

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.