Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone able to tell me what the ice conditions are like at Ginos I.E. thickness at 100, 200, 300 yards out? Is anyone running four wheelers or sleds out there yet? Also how many feet visibility is the water clarity? Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
i had 8'' of ice in the condo's and 5'' in the lake. i went towards beacon cove so i wasnt very far out...vis was 4 ft

Sent from my DROID4 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had 8'' of ice in the condo's and 5'' in the lake. i went towards beacon cove so i wasnt very far out...vis was 4 ft

Sent from my DROID4 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Thanks, any machines?

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
711 Posts
maybe im the safe then sorry type but i would be in no hurry to get my machine on that ice just yet.. i would let it get through our few days comin up here in the 40s and then the week after that where its allll cold as **** before i go putting 1000+lbs over a 5x3.5 area of ice... buttt im also not a big fan of walking on any less then 2-3".. good luck be safe and check your ice as you go..

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Poster on another site said he went in up to his knee out on the lake in front of Gino's , so there are still soft spots, bring your spud..............

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
ggoblue said the next time he would be out would be on a machine. Apparently he was out. On a machine Blue?

that's what I said Tuesday but I haven't been back. once we freeze back up it should be good to go...

·
Banned
400 Posts
Seen a quad out there yesterday by the willows when I drove by....

Ya can't keep a good man down!!! R.I.P. soup, miss ya bro!!!!!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I was out maybe 300 yards and ice was 5-6" thick. Water clarity was 2' at best. Caught a few perch. Tried going farther out about another 200 feet and the ice dropped to about 4". All I was able to find were a bunch of weeds so I went back to were I was catching some fish. There was a few spots while walking back that were soft on top. Did see a quad out there. Also saw what appeared to be some snowmobile tracks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts